I don’t need to learn music theory bro I just play what sounds good and play by ear

>I don’t need to learn music theory bro I just play what sounds good and play by ear

Attached: CA23D0B0-8881-48F8-8842-E94473F48FEC.jpg (640x320, 30.03K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_Qf22Ag4XKI
vocaroo.com/1EKzcYOuQUUg
youtube.com/watch?v=_qH2SmPth0A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Idk man

if u listen to enough good music ur brain subconsciously finds the patterns, and the subconscious part is whats important for writing music. there have been too many good songwriters who werent theoryfags

how many of them were untalented and without a teacher/mentor?

Learn what you need and what interests you, but don't learn tons of random useless shit just to learn it thinking you'll then be a badass writer cause you're gonna end like that nashville noises stupid

they were mostly drug addicts idk im sure some had some level of formal training but i doubt they "knew theory" beyond common chord progressions. some had no traiking at all

also none of them were untalented, nothing matters more than talent, especially with pop music

yeah and the point is that they know theory
if someone figures out what sounds good by himself, or is taught, he knows the theory
theory isn't knowing names of modes and other noob shit that literally nobody cares about

ok but that makes the argument pointless, u just equate theory with talent

>1960s
>So, Jimi, how exactly did you learn to play how you do? Did some guitar teacher show you some crazy music theory when you were a youngster?
>Oh I don’t need to learn music theory y'know... I just play what sounds good and play by ear
>Come're real quick... I'm just recording somethin', huh. Check this out..
>rotates guitar knobs, steps on octafuzz
>invents rock, hard rock, psychedelic rock, stoner rock, metal, psychedelic metal, doom metal, sludge metal, desert rock, drone metal, post-metal

Attached: images (5).jpg (452x678, 37.98K)

>I don't read music. I've never had a lesson. I don't know anything about music other than what my inner knowledge is.

- Lindsey Buckingham

youtu.be/_Qf22Ag4XKI

yeah talent isn't some magical music-materializing force, they understand something and they use it, that's all

The trick is to secretly learn a lot of theory and then just pretend you are naturally talented.
It's what everyone does.

it's the other way around, those who understand theory only make use of it b/c magic

>the fuck you mean everything I write is in C major/A minor? Bro get outta here with that whacky shit

I'm the world's best jews harp player with no formal lessons. Fight me.

u can let my music judge my theory
vocaroo.com/1EKzcYOuQUUg

I’m glad I know basic theory. It’s seriously not that hard tp learn if you are of average intelligence.

>respond to post about writing in C major/A minor
>first chords are literally A minor and C major
nice

theyre the best chords

Almost no good music is made by people without lots of formal training.

I laugh at retarded indie kids with this attitude who talk about Elliott Smith.

Elliott Smith was classically trained since age 5 on piano and won competitions and graduated college with a 4.0 GPA. As soon as he started doing drugs he couldnt write music for shit and his life quickly descended into chaos.

Elliot Smith on Classical Piano
youtube.com/watch?v=_qH2SmPth0A

Attached: growing-jacaranda-mimosifolia-3269356-Hero-873cb86a84b449448caaabf94acd52d7.jpg (2667x2000, 1.39M)