/prod/ - music production general

"Theorylets Pt. 2: The Proddening" Edition

Post what you're looking for in feedback.
GIVE feedback to GET feedback.

Upload WIPs to Vocaroo (or any other user site). You may NOT link to Soundclouds, Bandcamp - anything resembling self-promotion will be ignored.

Resources:
>Pastebin - Links, books, videos, articles, tutorials
pastebin.com/qtDwktHP

>/prod/ wiki
mu-sic-production.wikia.com

>Mixing Secrets and misc. resources
mediafire.com/folder/64bx81yayqzch/Production

Previous: Daily /prod/spiriation:
youtube.com/watch?v=S-Xm7s9eGxU

Attached: 3zOF0DDjNg8-00-01-36.png (1920x1080, 1.58M)

>live your whole life encultured by (mostly/probably) western music built entirely upon western music theory
>"nahh man i jus play wut sounds good ya feel me? yah just a coincidence muh chords be diatonic yo"

embarrassing

learning music theory on Alan Belkin's channel, it's super comfy

Attached: BASED.png (600x260, 25.32K)

How do I add movement when processing my synth chords

Weird clicking sound when I slice to new MIDI track, send help bros.

Attached: FA3F9335-FBDC-4005-9BB8-BDA0348F5D42.jpg (4032x3024, 3.57M)

Based Arturia Collection enjoyer

If you're slicing by some kind of beat, its probably transient issues, try slicing by transients, or if its still a problem adjust the attack slightly

When I slice by transient, it gets even worse. Same stuff when I raise the attack on the rack, the clicking sound is still there. vocaroo.com/1cAMEod6vfRZ

you've got it backwards, theory is built upon music

Last year I've taken anti depressants, gained a work ethic, and got my shit together. Now I never make music and only learn how to drum. I made music nonstop for 10 years and used music as therapy, now that I don't need the therapy I have no drive to make music. It fucking sucks, on one hand I'm finally stable but on the other I don't make dope music anymore. Any lads had this happen to them?

Attached: 1655149722814.jpg (525x478, 18.31K)

ackshually it is because they grew up immersed in western music conventions that when they play "wut sounds good" to them there's a very good chance it will also sound consonant/dilatonic/etc. like all the music they've been exposed to without them being consciously aware of the associated theory

>
actually did/do this, get very unique sound(s) and it makes me cool

stahp

turn off warping and boost tempo by a tiny bit if you want a more fluid sound near the original
Slice by warp markers is always superior

thought about posting a song but probz gonna get buried in dumb argument sad lyf

If I had a happy life I probably wouldn't care about making music
being too sad renders me incapable of doing anything but laying in bed or getting fucked up though

I sometimes wish I could go back honestly, I was a good artist and now I'm nothing but a wagecuck that plays games and reads. I still play drums but that's not the same as composing.

How do I turn off warp on all the slices at the same time?

Attached: turn it off.png (1366x768, 162.29K)

>boohoo I'm not sad enough to make my shit music now

Didn't ask + ratio + nobody loves you

i'm sure you just need to "retrain" yourself to get back to it

desu I don't feel motivated at all most days but I sit in front of my DAW for hours because it's just habit at this point

there's still a popping/clicking REEEEEEEEEE

I want to help and all but GIT GUD KID feels more appropriate

drop the audio file here nigga I'll slice it and tell you how to git gud

>those beats are all using purity presets and basic trap drums
Yeah, but the sound selection is good and the drum samples sound better than most of mine. I struggle with sound selection a lot.

>it's not really any better than the beat you posted desu. and the mix on the first one was fucked
I don't know. They sounded pretty good in headphones.

>not sure how to rebut this but the beat you posted has potential
I just meant that it took me a very long time to come up with a serviceable but below average drum pattern.

Anyway, I don't think I'm completely against collaborating. I'm just not sure what the collaboration could be but it does seem like we have somewhat similar aesthetic interests.