This is no longer an 80s song, it is now a 2010s/2020s song primarily. Case and point...

This is no longer an 80s song, it is now a 2010s/2020s song primarily. Case and point? Pic related wasn't even the correct record cover. But now it is.

Attached: 23492340.jpg (1280x720, 107.02K)

I don't care. Please make a cooler more interesting thread next time

Weeaboos ruin everything they get a grasp on.

yeah basically, because it was an obscure jpop song that had 0 presence in the west during the actual 80s. maybe it was popular in japan, but for the rest of the world the song wasnt known until the 2010s.

kate bush running up that hill is an example of a song that went viral and had a resurgence in the modern era 2020s, and ended up selling more copies due to its inclusion in a popular tv series, but the key difference between that and something like plastic love is it was already popular and well known at one point, in the 80s the song was a chart hit around the world and had a resurgence in popularity, while plastic love was a song that nobody heard of and became famous in the 10s because of an internet phenomenon that is rooted in other non music factors like vaporwave, japanese cultural fetishism in the west (anime vidya etc, weebs), fashion, spread of information/media in the internet age vs the past, hauntology, simulacrum, false nostalgia, etc.

Also, when will Youtube stop relentlessly pushing City pop in its algorithm? I want to like it, but can't since it's too popular.

u might be right but typing all this was gay

>case and point

where do you think you are?

Found the TickTock user.

>TickTock

Attached: confused-grandmother-using-pc-260nw-239507347.jpg (390x280, 24.01K)

Any Forums, not Any Forums let alone /jp/ and /vt/

We give the song the adjective of 80s not because that's when it was popular, but because that's when it was made and released.

It's a major song of the 2010s/2020s but in form and substance it's still 80s like no one can reproduce.

Don't be so pretentious. No one will know if you don't tell them. Just try to enjoy it for what it is

If the video thumbnail didn't have a cute Japanese girl on the cover, no one would have ever found this song or cared about it's existence. This is "I like Asian women" the song

Absolute /thread

It's a mix of things, but def without the iconic image it wouldn't have gotten this big.

I don't think it could have gotten this big without the potential of the music being iconic either. Which is not typical.

>music
>iconic
>literally just 80's pop with a Japanese girl instead of English

So what?

Have sex virgin

You first fag breath

what do 80s city pop albums usually have for a cover?

Attached: 471431621.jpg (199x220, 11.24K)

Chill shit