ROS

What the fuck happened to Rings Of Saturn?
I went to a concert and their singer wasn't there and they just played shitty weird trap shit from their new album which also is just instrumental.
They also only played for about 45mins then randomly dipped. Am I missing out on something that happened between the band/ its members, or am I rightfully retarded?

Attached: 91JRyKZRTcL._SL1400_.jpg (1400x1400, 661.83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-bMzEHmLO2s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rings_of_Saturn_(band)
loudwire.com/nuclear-blast-drop-rings-of-saturn/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Idk
From what I’ve read the guitarist is a weird cunt so that probably has to do with it

Ring of Jupiter singer here cope and sneed thnx for the money btw ^.*

They were always shit and they copypaste guitar notes in production.

They were always cringe, friend

to be a tech death guitarist means you have to be a pretentious cunt to your band and fans. It was my favorite genre all through highschool and some time after but like most metal after the early 2000s it just gets old and no new innovations are made. most ride off the high of how well their albums did 10 years ago. If they do make new music it's got trap beats and/or very formulaic song structures, the guitar work becomes more noodly and less dramatic and emotional. Or they get too into drugs and that becomes their personality. RIP tech death, blackened, doom and beatdown are my true loves now.

I'm slowly finding that out, but looking into it they're sketchy af

The new first fragment has a bunch of swing parts.

And Flamenco I guess. It was pretty fresh imo.
youtu.be/-bMzEHmLO2s

this is bretty good honestly. thanks for the recc.

Yeah lots of their shit is literally using the default midi guitar from the tab program guitarpro lmao

I find them a little boring but god damn the bass player is great, love the fretless sound

apparently their no longer with nuclear blast, the vocalist (Ian Bearer) left and now its only going to be an instrumental band.
They also only have two official members left apparently.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rings_of_Saturn_(band)
loudwire.com/nuclear-blast-drop-rings-of-saturn/

Attached: Screenshot_20220621-155705_Brave.jpg (1080x792, 269.02K)

Yeah man idk, I didn't know they were this bad but, you live you learn at least. I do love their art though, I recently bought one of those big ass mouse pads from them which looks cool af. Other than that I don't think I'll support them any longer.

Attached: mp.png (810x408, 975.86K)

They were dropped after one of the members "threatened" the label.

Eye vomit

ros be like

Attached: mon.gif (500x407, 1.6M)

at least it's something to look at lmao

No it’s not

>No it’s not
care to elaborate?

Not really

Attached: FC7CBB3E-54C9-4300-A3A0-AD98BE687404.jpg (1184x1046, 370.46K)

It's like they're allergic to trying to write something good. Every riff they write needs to be as cluttered and frantic as can be with no regard to tone or direction.
Off the bat this is just another death metal album in name only, it has the growls, it has the distortion, and it has the hyper fast drumming, but everything is assembled so mechanically together, topped off with such digital cleanness and shiny pristine, like it wants to seem heavy but is so ashamed to be a part of the scene. There's no passion here, it's like some snobby music professors tried their hands at making "intelligent" death metal, they wrote a checklist for what they thought would be necessary to count as death metal and then filled it with needless complexity for that "intelligent" aspect. Riffs vary between being fast and intricate slurries of notes to being basic, but still fast, death metal chugs you've heard a million times over, everything wrapped up in a brick walled to fuck production where bass is only audible when the band wants to remind you that they do indeed have a bassist. Songs are long, aimless, and twist and turn without any bit of focus. Riff (and I use that term quite loosely here) leading into riff leading into solo leading into riff comprises the song writing ideas here, with some occasional orchestral samples thrown in to make this album seem grander than it is. It's a nauseating and headache inducing experience, while not as annoying as Brain Drill or Monumental Torment, it's equally as flashy and unnecessary. Completely irredeemable garbage with not one decent moment in its duration.