Are they right?

Are they right?

Attached: 1643853991178.jpg (689x733, 96.85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_8ZQGtcZGYQ
youtu.be/IrJj5vxyeAk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

do they have an argument besides "le has more soul"

Picrel is a digitally recorded and mastered album and it's one of the best sounding albums of the decade. Retards that bitch and shit their pants about "muh analog" generally don't have the musicianship to justify their tantrums.

Attached: to-be-everywhere-is-to-be-nowhere-57d00a6314592 (1).jpg (1000x1000, 799.76K)

if an artist is saying something like "there are rules" then they are usually wrong

What is meant by recording digitally vs analog?

If you are using a microphone to record a real guitar, it's analog?

this, it's like filmmakers insisting on using actual film as if the limitations of obsolete technology are the only thing that make art good

>thrice

you missed the point completely, also this recording sounds lifeless and cold, you actually just proved their point in some ways (not that I agree you or the lemon twigs), just wanted to point that this thread flew over your head and you probably shouldn't comment if Thrice and this album are your counter point.

>also this recording sounds lifeless and cold
I've never gotten that criticism
no it doesn't
it can't possibly it was music made by a human
what does that even mean

>lifeless and cold
You could've just said that you didn't listen to it and you would've sounded way less stupid than you do right now.

Attached: 1654185591108.jpg (480x360, 24.28K)

just record lossless digital and then run the stems through a tape afterwards lol

I don't need to listen to a whole album to understand the general approach to how it was recorded and mixed. I picked up the vibe instantly. Bands like Thrice shoot for polished recordings as that's whats expected from them. Nothing inherently wrong with it. The analog arena is a much different one that the one Thrice lives in though, but you're too much of a boomer and/or non musician to get it. Seriously stop commenting on things that you know literally about. Both of my posts have made strong arguments, all you have done is say "DUDE U'RE SO DUMB LOL". Either make an argument or go fuck yourself. Also Thrice fucking sucks, who the fuck listens to Thrice in 2022. kek

Attached: images (2).jpg (190x266, 7.52K)

rock music should be raw and honest. if you're not recording the album live in the studio you're doing it wrong.

I think it matters less whether it's digital or analog and matters more whether you're punching in every 10 seconds and recording everything separately or using samples to beef up or replace your drums, or not practicing the song with a band a lot before recording it. Old music was recorded live often after it had been rehearsed and played live many times. Now you can just record a riff once and copypasta it, even into other sections of the song, and it's politically incorrect to notice or care because we're all meant to embrace this new normal of physicality not mattering and physicality being cruelly discriminatory against the inferior. There is no pleb filter on the culture right now.

The truth is it doesn't fucking matter. You can get an "analog" sound by working strictly in the box. Lemon Twigs and people like them are probably just autistic.

Based chaotic neutral

You can get an "analog" sound in various ways but you can't make separately recorded instruments sound live, which is missing in the current landscape especially since live performances were banned.

rock music should be raw and honest. if you're not recording the album live in the studio you're doing it wrong.

You can come pretty close, just bus your master to a room plug in. The minor difference does not matter at the end of the day.

> which is missing in the current landscape especially since live performances were banned.

bro what?

> You're too much of a boomer and/or non musician to get it
Read this back and realise how retarded you are.

>literal whos nobody cares about
>clinging to an old aesthetic to hopefully legitimate their presence in music industry despite their dullness and lack of creativity
>gear acquisition syndrome
Every fucking time.

Their music will be edited digitally, and even if it isn't, most of the listeners will consume it digitally. So it doesn't matter

use what you have when you have it and make what you want.

/thread

>You can come pretty close, just bus your master to a room plug in.
The appeal of live recording isn't reverb, it's imperfection and "breath". New music is more strictly on-beat if it is recorded to a click. Programmed drums and don't have (without a lot of effort) the natural fluctuations in the strength of the hit and the individuality of that, coming from the body and experience of the performer. Sample replacement and compression intentionally mask the subtlety of drums.
youtu.be/_8ZQGtcZGYQ
youtu.be/IrJj5vxyeAk
>bro what?
Did you forget the last 3 years? They were making you take an ineffective medicine or you couldn't go.

>literal who
>masterful new album
>guitarworld
>songs for the general public
>it's just uninspired shit by some le wrong generation fags

color me suprised.