Why the fuck was Mother on this album? What garbage

Why the fuck was Mother on this album? What garbage.

Attached: Police-album-synchronicity.jpg.jpg (300x300, 86.05K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/y2bnn8R_NV4
youtube.com/watch?v=SMBtkkFo67M
youtube.com/watch?v=Lotcmk3NAYI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Someone to Talk to or Murder by Numbers would’ve been the better choice of Andy song here. I hate how Stew’s Miss Gradenko gets associated with Mother as evidence that Only Sting could write songs. Stew’s a good songwriter, he just isn’t a Sting level songwriter. Miss Gradenko, Bombs Away, Darkness, Does Everyone Stare, and several of his songs as Klark Kent as as good as a solid Sting penned Police song. True, he never wrote a Message in a Bottle level song, but Sting definitely had Stew and Andy’s help on that while I doubt Sting and Andy both put minimal effort on Stew’s songs.

Attached: 5E1249BC-9A93-4361-8482-F133D5DE0AEB.jpg (600x600, 106.93K)

it's literally a filter. they put it at the front of the album for a reason.

It really brings up the argument of "should drummers get credit," considering Sting can write words and music but he never would have written anything like Message or Roxanne without the drummer that literally invented the style.

Also, I always had a feeling Darkness was a Stewart song but never bothered to check. That, Gradenko, and Bombs Away are three of their best songs.

Mother is the best song on the album

Didn't know Stew invented reggae, good to know.

Why not replace it with Murdered By Numbers? It would've been a perfect album.

Yeah, because his style is straightforward reggae. Help yourself to an informed opinion, retard.

youtu.be/y2bnn8R_NV4

I used to dislike this album along with Ghost In The Machine but now they're both my favourite.
youtube.com/watch?v=SMBtkkFo67M
youtube.com/watch?v=Lotcmk3NAYI

Attached: ghost2.jpg (980x653, 40.32K)

>music is le serious

this album is backloaded as hell. i just start from synchronicity 2 and listen from there with murder by numbers included.

one of the greatest pleb filters of all time

what? the A side is way better. the only banger on side B is synchronicity 2 (which, to be fair is their best song)

OP is right. You can go back and forth on sides but the most important fix is just to drop Mother. Just like to fix Outlandos you drop Sally. Andy always needed to shut up and play.

Given the choice between one I’d take GITM. Synchronicity is good in its own pop way but obviously created to sell to the public.

OP’s question; because Sting wanted to. Where else would it be? It’s a Sting, Summers, Copeland fuck-a-round song because they could.

Hell, Miss Gradenko is my favourite song on the album.

Stewart was a good sport about it. They were all in it only for the money. The Police have to be right beside Steely Dan as one of the most cynical pop acts. I think the rise of the Police was one of the events that killed punk, they totally sold out the punk sounds for massive success. Anyways, I’m sure Stewart let Sting have all the royalties to keep him happy. Stew and Andy both knew what an elite talent Sting is and both were aware that Sting would go solo eventually. Stew himself has said that they got two more albums out of Sting than they expected. I think Stew just would’ve liked Sting and Andy to work on a song of his as much as they did a Sting song. Pretty much all of the Stew written songs are one take songs. I think that Sting’s just not a team player on his own songs.

Attached: 97DE3147-379C-4D55-A518-5540E589786C.jpg (768x768, 164.32K)

I just enjoy it when a band recognizes the drummers importance to the sound itself, not just the time-keeping. I've quit bands that couldn't replace me and disbanded because my playing is unique.

Incubus is a great example of a band that gives the drummer credit. Try to listen to covers and you find out why. The chili peppers as well acknowledge Chad Smith as more than a time keeper.

2/2

Even if you don't like the chili peppers, take any drummer of the era and put him in the studio when they're recording "Give It Away." You will never get the hit version of that song.

One of the quiet things Sting did with his Police songwriting royalties is that he gives 30% of the pure Sting written songs back to Stew and Andy. I don’t know if that’s 15% each or 30% to each, but Sting didn’t have to, but realized the importance of the others in their sound. It’s buried, but if you watch the full Beato interview with Sting, Rick gets Sting to say “Stewart was a fantastic drummer.” They are supportive of each other and see each other rarely. It’s just they were all strong willed in the studio, so recording is a massive pain.

To be fair Sting already had gone from working class nobody to multi-millionaire and lead singer of the world number one band at one point. Still a great thing to do though.

Also mother underrated.