Be me

>be me
>finish high school
>listen to Bad Brains, and a lot of Dream Pop at the time
>want to make music
>get to work at a call center
>i hate the job, but at least I get to put all of my salary into a mexican strat, some pedals and an audio interface
>get to record an EP with 4 pieces of the shittiest pastiche of shoegaze and pop punk you could imagine
>I also had to produce it, which resulted in the worst sound possible
>post it on Bandcamp
>it later appears on many kids youtube channels
>people actually like it
>ohyeah.jpg
>I eventually hit more than 400000 plays in all streaming platforms, according to my Routenote stats
>that only amounted to $367.8

This is it guys, I'm mad as fuck. How can one even begin to make decent money as a musician these days? do I have to wait for some PR company to be interested in my shit like Chris Ott said in some video?, I legitimately want to live off of my passion for music, I'm trying to get better at producing and songwriting

Attached: 1610850679935.jpg (474x567, 49.51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zpvpxU2EJ-M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

link song?

youtube.com/watch?v=zpvpxU2EJ-M

This is at the moment my most popular song, it may not seem that way on Youtube, but on Spotify, it definitely blew up a little, considering it was recorded only by me, a kid with 0 reputation

btw I'm mexican, so everything is in spanish

you have to play live, it's basically the only way. consider trying to get into songwriting (ie selling songs) or indeed writing about music (reviews etc). there's virtually no money for the artist in streams

>he thinks he deserves to make a living off this

>Comments are turned off.
lmao soft ass boi

Attached: fazp.png (800x1000, 615.71K)

No one in indie or punk ever made money off the actual sale of their 7 inches or whatever. You sold t shirts to cover the tour costs and you broke even if you were lucky. The people who made real money made it from being famous, not from making music.

>400,000 views
>only has 6k views
Retarded baka stop existing

the top song on spotify has 90k which isn't too shabby

I kinda like the sound, but where's the 400,000 views you were talking about?

>wojaknigger finds obscure nobody and pretends to be them
Beyond cringe

>posts half assed ep on bandcamp, a website full of half assed projects
>algo gives you a little attention
>wow why am i not making 50 million dollars right now
you gotta play actually play shows and shit zoomie

Attached: 1651621371525.png (338x403, 280K)

that's how all topics on youtube work dumbass

this is decent nd all but 400000 plays really isn't shit and you have to sell merch, play live and do other shit to make actual money dude lol

I like this.

OP here, just woke up to see what shitty responses I get and you guys win haha.

Read the greentext again, you fucking retards

>400000 plays in all streaming platforms, according to my Routenote stats

That means Routenote added all plays from all the platforms my music is in(Spotify, Youtube, Deezer, etc)

>my music
Cope

Why would I do that fag?, just to prove I'm the actual musician, here's my Routenote earnings section, from my account, which obviously only I have access too

Attached: imagen_2022-06-21_100420110.png (660x968, 70.95K)

I get your point guys, and yeah the past 2 years I played gigs like crazy, but here in Mexico people only listen to fucking reggaeton or regional music(banda, corridos, narcocorridos, etc), there's no place for indie music here, so I rarely ever saw more than 10 people when I did gigs on my own, I had better luck when I got invited to small size festivals in Mexico City, but again, not that much of an audience, despite the general acceptance of my sound

And also how the fuck do I get the money for merch? do I have to work in shitty jobs another year and a half just to buy 10 t-shirts(first 10, so if they get sold, that means people are interested, and then I can start selling all I can from Redbubble or some other way)

Attached: 1610849025295.gif (220x220, 93.22K)

you sell shirts at shows lol do they not have merch tables in tacoland

yes dumbass, but why wait for people to buy your merch from gigs, when you can also sell it outside of them?