Just when you thought RYM couldn't get any more retarded

just when you thought RYM couldn't get any more retarded

Attached: 2022-06-21_15-00-48.png (765x238, 14.87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/LetsTalkMusic/comments/e1rzzs/lets_talk_the_big_music/
rateyourmusic.com/~fourths
rateyourmusic.com/genre/truck-driving-country/
rateyourmusic.com/genre/skweee/
rateyourmusic.com/genre/flashcore/
rateyourmusic.com/genre/moombahcore/
rateyourmusic.com/genre/spouge/
rateyourmusic.com/genre/lolicore/
rateyourmusic.com/genre/futuristic-swag/
rateyourmusic.com/genre/snap/
rateyourmusic.com/genre/bop/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

for you

i love seeing the new genres being added every week, it's too funny

So basically stuff like Simple Minds and U2?

theyre probably thinking bc, nr and black midi

Apparently yes
This seems to be "The U2 genre"

Attached: salse.png (1139x808, 127.89K)

where's brap music already

>what kind of music do you listen to?
>ohh... I like BIG music

Attached: asian umm wtf face.jpg (318x302, 58.27K)

yeah i've been listening to a lot of big music and power pop lately

What's wrong with just new wave? I know new wave can mean a million different things but all these bands, Midnight Oil, INXS, The Church, Waterboys, Simple Minds, Echo & the Bunnymen, U2, Tears for Fears, this is just new wave, or Donnie Darko soundtrackcore. Big music, lol

>Big Music?
>Can't get enough

Attached: gigachadgiant.jpg (500x625, 142.39K)

And I thought "dissonant death metal" was bad

why has rym been doing this shit so much lately? it honestly feels like collecting pokemon cards for them, rather than something with archival value or the curation of culture. a rudimentary search doesn't lead me to any wikipedia page outlining the history of the term, or articles from music publications, it leads me to some r*ddit thread made years ago that even itself calls the label tenuous

reddit.com/r/LetsTalkMusic/comments/e1rzzs/lets_talk_the_big_music/

even the linked article therein, the 'best' resource on the term, looks like a dead end that starts and stops at U2

Such a sad state of affairs. This is what happens when you let a pony tranny be site admin.

rateyourmusic.com/~fourths

Name a bigger music than U2, you can't

Trannies are the hill that leftists are willing to die on, and that death is inevitable.

Even then, U2's 80s music is way too significantly different to lump it in one genre exclusively
Boy does not sound remotely like Joshua Tree

If you look Big Music on the Wikipedia search bar what you get is an Indian music label

they're trying to make their stamp of music, P4K has their moment of dictacting music and RYM is just trying to be P4K so they want their 'thing' people that know the website knpw they already have a slant and type of music they want to prop up, but it's not impacting industry or culture in any way

I think “Slacker Rock” was the moment RYM genres jumped the shark.

bubblegum bass was the beginning of the end

Yeah it's obvious they're trying to be the new P4K, indie artist reviews and everything. What used to just be a niche site to catalogue and discover music has become an off-shoot version of social media. It's fucking sad.

Someone please reccomend me a website similar to RYM in terms of catalogue. I exclusively use that place to find new music but I don't know if it's worth it anymore. I've been there since 2012.

Slacker Rock was being used as a term outside RYM as early as 2005 and probably before so that is nowhere near as far-fetched as you're making it

Sputnikmusic was always the also-ran version of RYM, maybe try there. Discogs is good but different fundamentally, and Allmusic is different in another way.

Kek

Slacker rock was and is still used by people outside of RYM to refer to 90s style indie rock

The best Big Music song? In a Big Country by Big Country, of course

go to discogs. it doesn't have a community outside of buying and selling records, but that's arguably a good thing

rateyourmusic.com/genre/truck-driving-country/
rateyourmusic.com/genre/skweee/
rateyourmusic.com/genre/flashcore/
rateyourmusic.com/genre/moombahcore/
rateyourmusic.com/genre/spouge/
rateyourmusic.com/genre/lolicore/
rateyourmusic.com/genre/futuristic-swag/
rateyourmusic.com/genre/snap/
rateyourmusic.com/genre/bop/

Attached: pepesquint.png (528x438, 235.96K)

Does it give recommendations based on music catalogued?

Crazy how lolicore is the most deserving to exist out of these.

Flashcore, snap, and bop are legit genres though

lolicore and snap are real genres. the others are fake

weird but i've been hearing about "big rock" (informally) since 2014

I've heard Big Room Rock as a throwaway term before, but this is just zoomers trying to re-codify 'Stadium Rock'

>futuristic swag

Attached: BAHAHAHA.jpg (320x320, 23.38K)

No, “the Big Music” is definitely a descriptor they used on say, the Waterboys way back when they were contemporary (in fact it might be Mike Scott himself that said it originally). But it’s not a fucking genre, it’s just a descriptor of the music they were trying to make ffs. They’re really out here making spur-of-the-moment marketing buzzwords and journalist speak into genres huh.

U3