How do I support my local vinyl shop?

I kinda like the idea of shopping for vinyl and discovering new music. But my local store doesn't allow try on listening. Then I'm just buying vinyls based on the artwork, unless I specifically know the band/singer.

Attached: 05-Sound-Station-B-1280x855.jpg (1280x855, 365.94K)

That’s retarded as fuck. Fuck your local store.

You shop there

Ask the guys that work there if they know a record/band and what its like.

Why would you spend money on music you're not sure you'll like

If it's on vinyl, it's on Spotify too.
One doesn't preclude the other, champ.

ask a hipster

Yeah but I want to grow my vinyl collection. I mainly listen to twee indiepop bubblegum punk. It is kind of a niche (and dead) genre. It is kinda hard to find the sound I like on record store. They mostly sell Eric Clapton stuff

I bought some obscure shit that doesn't even have a youtube video. I might want to upload some of these one day.

The funnest part is to buy random shit if you think it might be interesting good, with a few hints, on the cover and some quick internet browsing. I wouldn't spend much though for this kind of wacky discovery.
Also go to another record shop if possible. Yard sales and flea markets also have good hidden gems.

>But my local store doesn't allow try on listening.
gay, but I suppose that makes sense with all the retarded zoomies who don't understand how to use a turntable.

>allow try on listening
is this a thing?

That's pretty retarted especially with vinyl. It could be warped, have a bunch of pops or scratches ect. You don't know what a particular record sounds like until you play it. They had better take returns.

>store doesn't allow try on listening
Never seen a store like that. Even the ones that don't have a turntable for the customers offer to play them on the storewide player.

I wish I had record stores to go to in person but I am mostly interested in Black Metal and some Death Metal and as far as I know there’s not a sine record store in the entire Chicago area that specializes in metal. Can you believe it? 9 million people in the metro area and no metal record stores

Offer to suck the owner off

Attached: IMG_20220620_004349_760.jpg (1280x937, 115.72K)

How many records can we name in this photo Any Forums? I'll start - A Gift From A Flower To A Garden

Holy shit you youngsters you think people in the US could hear a record first at a record store when record stores were a thing?
No. You read about something or heard it was good, you'd pay the $7 and take your chances. Because you invested in the music, you'd spend more time with it, getting to know it, trying to get it. 90 bazillion things on Spotify to taste and ditch means tastes that's an inch deep and a mile wide. This is you. An inch deep and a mile wide.

This is you. A big queer and an ever bigger loser.

are you talking about cock?

I work at my local record store, and if your local store is like mine, we listen to every new release at least once to get a feel of it, you can usually ask them if it's a quality record and they'll know, if you have autism and are afraid of conversation just listen to it on Spotify and make your mind up

you can always download the music ahead of time to decide if you like it :^)