Sonic Youth

I only like their instrumentals, anyone else feel similar? I especially can't stand the songs Lee sings, his vocals often ruin the whole thing for me

Attached: 15234.jpg (2000x1270, 924.82K)

thurtson has the most tolerable voice
their playing makes up for it but yeah they're not the best singers and never seemed like they were trying to be

I like Lee's vocals the most actually, Thurston and Kim's vocals annoy me a lot more

it's not even that they're bad singers (even though they basically are), there's just something irritating about the way they deliver the vocals and something in the lyrics that just ruins it for me. they're a very strong band as far as instrumentation goes

It's a universal fact that Sonic Youth's vocals are trash

Yeah Lee is the best. Also the other day I put on Dirty and found that I’ve kind of gotten used to 90s Kim after like 10 years of listening to Sonic Youth, I kind of dig it now (but still I’m surprised that more people don’t seem to take issue with it). On the other hand Thurston is kind of annoying to hear these days. So that’s Lee > Kim > Thurston for me

No, I like all their singing.

goddamn kim gordon is so hot bros

Attached: meme.jpg (500x421, 20.88K)

>? I especially can't stand the songs Lee sings, his vocals often ruin the whole thing for me
Filterado

how/where do I find a kim gordon gf without the baggage?

Attached: drowning.png (250x382, 154.37K)

Attached: 01_Ebenezer-Arbors-st-Ridges-Senior-Assisted-Living-Exterior-Entrance-front-of-Building-WIth-Sign.jpg (1920x1080, 1.51M)

Lee is clearly the best singer & lyricist wtf

Lmao

>Lee
>singing
That's very generous of you

What's the baggage though?

Attached: D5qThVDXoAAW3TS.jpg (650x607, 41.96K)

probably colostsomy

if you dont listen to Hey Joni you can fuck the fuck off

best song on the album

can you even imagine not liking Lee's karen songs? SAD

idk if you can or just find matching baggage

bumpo

I think the vocals fit the music perfectly
Nothing bad to say about their music, but I'm biased because I adore them