Overated Bands

Interpol and Deftones come to mind. Everyone I meet gets wet over these two bands. Then again I live in Cali.

Attached: InterpolCover-1499439035-853x1024.jpg (853x1024, 227.51K)

Merzbow, Boredoms, Gerogerigegege, Coil, Throbbing Gristle, Whitehouse, Nurse with Wound, Einstürzende Neubauten, Brainbombs, Egor Letov, Death in June, Current 93, La Monte Young, Moondog, Lou Harrison, Henry Cowell, Luigi Russolo, DiGiGHOULS, Popol Vuh, Fishmans, Jean Jacques Perrey, Les Rallizes Dénudés, Rainbow Caroliner, Taj Mahal Travellers, Fushitsusha, Peter Brötzmann, John Cage, Scott Walker, Unwound, Dead, Frank Zappa, Morton Feldman, Captain Beefheart, Pharoah Sanders, Albert Ayler, Ornette Coleman, Alice Coltrane, Arnold Schoenberg, Pierre Boulez, György Ligeti, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Nang Nang, Thinking Fellers Union Local 282, Nara Leão, Basic Channel, Raymond Scott, Delia Derbyshire, Daphne Oram, Noah Howard, Terry Riley, De köchunterzZ, Peter Sotos, Lula Côrtes e Zé Ramalho, Boyd Rice, Mahmoud Ahmed, Henry Flynt, Kazumoto Endo, David Tudor, Aporea, Half Japanese, Mega Banton, Secret Chiefs 3, Keiji Haino, Ramleh, Otomo Yoshihide, John Zorn, Joe Meek, Robbie Basho, Phil Spector, Faxed Head, Harry Partch, Wesley Willis, Fred Frith, The Residents, Sun Ra, Sun City Girls, Hans Krüsi, Royal Trux, Jandek, Yat-Kha, Loren Mazzacane Connors, Pärson Sound, The Dead C, Comus, Cromagnon, Eliane Radigue, Arthur Doyle, Shizuka, The Red Krayola, Henry Cow, Magma, Opus Avantra, Pan.Thy.Monium., Murmuüre, Ksiezyc, Gong, Cukor Bila Smert', cLOUDDEAD, Muslimgauze and Kaoru Abe

Most of Cali gets wet over anything that comes out of NY. That being said Interpol are greatbbut have lost track after Carloa Dengler left and on the opposite, Drftonea have been great ever since the self-titled.

Interpol are much more overrated in Mexico and Chile while Deftonea are just overrated in general.

Am I the only one who thinks 00s Paul Banks was kind of a babe.

your words hurt, though mostly true.

is he the one with the bender-mustache?

That's Dengler.

Splint
MBV
Deftones
All Midwest emo bands

Man, Deftones should have been popular when I listened to them and was more social. Anyway, pretty much any rock band you can think of is overrated because the scene died so people cling on to the old stuff. Boring!

ooh, I should have specifically called out Arctic Monkeys cuz they suck ass

>I live in Cali.
no one asked faggot

Nah if you look at interviews with him on YouTube it's just women gushing over him

remember when this was in contention for the best album of 2012

Attached: 106e145b.jpg (600x600, 479.54K)

*in the comments

Based

I sat next to him and Helena Christensen once on a flight from Scotland to Denmark

TOTBL and Antics are amazing and I feel like everyone (even Interpol) knows that their output after that fell off. No one's overrating them.

Did you talk to him?

>De köchunterzZ
when will you stop shilling yourself

Turn On the Bright Lights [Matador, 2002]
They bitch because everybody compares them to Joy Division, and they're right. It's way too kind, and I say that as someone who thanks Ian Curtis for making New Order possible. Joy Division struggled against depression rather than flaunting it, much less wearing it like a designer suit. What's truly depressing is that, just as the hairy behemoths of the grunge generation looked back to the AOR metal they immersed in as teens, these fops tweak the nostalgia of young adults who cherish indistinct memories of much worse bands than Joy Division, every one of them English--Bauhaus, Ultravox, Visage, Spandau Ballet, Tears for Fears. At a critical moment in consciousness they exemplify and counsel disengagement, self-seeking, a luxurious cynicism. Says certified British subject Peter Banks: "Emotions are standard and boring. I'd like to find another way to live." That's thinking either big or very small. C+

Ah, the old RYM chart algorithm. It's not a bad record either.

idk i heard el pintor the other day and thought it was a fantastic album and up there with the ones before it. still haven't checked out marauder yet

are Interpol the most soulless band in recent years? they’re all British-American rootless cosmopolitans who went in international schools and met in Brooklyn during peak gentrification

By normies? Pearl Jam is probably the most overrated band of all time