Mondays Won't Suck Our Souls Out of Our Bodies This Time I Say Edition

Mondays Won't Suck Our Souls Out of Our Bodies This Time I Say Edition

Let's try to keep these at the ten minute mark or shorter, but otherwise post whatever the hell you want.

I'll let the first non-OP lad link the first track.

Attached: It's_song_review_time_(classic_version).png (1001x959, 201.02K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AkAi9nuYnQs
youtube.com/watch?v=x7BeGDZewHs
youtube.com/watch?v=zy1cwiiqBas
youtu.be/ZwGpF9hOdSQ?t=112
youtube.com/watch?v=Lq0DGPVYY_4
youtube.com/watch?v=sFI7eQt3ghI
youtube.com/watch?v=e1idB3n9g5M
youtu.be/5QyBGvZ0pHM
youtube.com/watch?v=1LUDXJv7R4U
youtube.com/watch?v=-nlaSiUFzfA
youtube.com/watch?v=1FjPPbc_T3A
youtube.com/watch?v=PObiR1jPQ9o
youtube.com/watch?v=kOHoKSbxMuo
youtube.com/watch?v=hYMTmm5wR3U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=AkAi9nuYnQs

Really cool! I love the zeal, the aggression. The jangly sound is very nice. Can't say I'm fully in love with the noise present in the last minute but I imagine it probably sounds better in higher quality. Also, I wish I could understand what they were saying so I could give a more thorough analysis, but that's my fault for not knowing... what language? Welsh? I think I will actually look into this band's other stuff. 7/10

youtube.com/watch?v=x7BeGDZewHs

Pleasant neo-psychedelia that sounds like it'd be ideal for some kind of an indie videogame. Good vibes all around. Thanks for sharing. 8/10

youtube.com/watch?v=zy1cwiiqBas

fun track
youtu.be/ZwGpF9hOdSQ?t=112

Very limited in its content; the narrative is he leaves home at 13, now he's grown and has a gambling addiction and is broke all the time and then the song's over. I can't say it's not an arc, but it's not particularly compelling. The organ is sleazy and the guitar is not present enough, though it shines when it's there. Bob's a great front man and the energy is good. 6.5/10

youtube.com/watch?v=Lq0DGPVYY_4

I checked out this version:

youtube.com/watch?v=sFI7eQt3ghI

It's a timeless soul classic. I can't praise it enough. For sure. Should also be mentioned that she put out plenty of other materials that're far more obscure while still being well worth listening to now. 10/10

youtube.com/watch?v=e1idB3n9g5M

One of those songs I would never admit to like in public, but very enjoyable

youtu.be/5QyBGvZ0pHM

>this version
Peaks a bit too much imo though the bass does pop more

Decent Japanese (I think) indie pop (I also think) that I won't hear again but don't regret listening to. Not sure what really to say. It's alright-ish. 7/10

youtube.com/watch?v=1LUDXJv7R4U

Not the kind of song that would listen to, but hey, I'm sure ppl on the radio would play it and some gen x and boomers would enjoy it.

youtube.com/watch?v=-nlaSiUFzfA

It started out promising. I gave up after the three minutes and three seconds mark, though. This is honestly rather painfully generic in terms of power pop music. There's so much better. And whoever thought that this should be over six minutes long is/was a Goddamn moron. 5/10

youtube.com/watch?v=1FjPPbc_T3A

C'mon man, you gotta at least listen to the whole song. If you don't, just say 'pretty good' and lie about it

The concept of sibling warriors in the height of the the Vikings' golden age going out to fight during a perilous quest is fantastic, and the song holds up fine. Still, a hell of a lot is lost in the language barrier, alas, even after looking up the lyrics in English. The vocals are also rather like... 'D' grade a lot of the time even if the overall package appeals. 7/10

youtube.com/watch?v=PObiR1jPQ9o

The musicians could've actually tried, after all, and thereby made something worth listening to from beginning to end.

Underwhelming as a sonic experiment. A lot of noodling that's pleasant-ish sounding without anything really going on. I don't want too harsh but am disappointed at how uninteresting this sounded. 6/10

youtube.com/watch?v=kOHoKSbxMuo

>want to be too harsh but*

youtube.com/watch?v=hYMTmm5wR3U

I seriously wish that there was some way to get a version of this sung in English. It's such an ideal concept for an album, fucking really is.

Personally, I like the language barrier and the vocals (although I could use with less screaming)

It's clearly worth listening to as-is, but I just wonder.