Untitled

Attached: 83DB8AA4-5D0E-4C63-A6FA-32FC0A1736BC.png (920x920, 622.12K)

Even if I put myself in the shoes of a pop/rap enjoyer, I honestly, genuinely, will never understand how Drake is as immensely popular as he is. I can see some sort of appeal in nearly all music, but Drake is so unbelievably bland and unbelievably boring, his massive appeal confuses me to no end. I really don't get it. I will never understand his popularity. Truly some of the most nothing music I've ever heard. Mid is an overstatement. His music is literally white noise. It's that bland. I don't get it!

a daring synthesis

I liked it.

Drake is popular because of shit he did with wayne at the height of waynes popularity and being tooken under his wing and birdman making him a superstar. He then gained the respect of hip hop fans with some good shit, then he devolved into manipulating playlist shit for money at this point which is what we see here. Mid ass weird money making algorithm trash

if he just wanted money he'd just do a whole album of fair trades, kiki do you love me, one dance, started from the bottom, etc.

could he manage?
honestly, nevermind

i think so. between the views and scorpion era, he managed to reduce hits to a very precise science that he could execute at will. but honestly... nevermind. it doesn't really matter

I'm sure if I was a house freak it would bother me on some level, but I honestly like it. It's sparse enough to remind me of So Far Gone, which I remember liking.

none of these songs are as good as one dance, passion fruit, or blem. but it's still quite solid.

Attached: FA459B8B-9C61-4723-AD7B-388D85D20310.png (920x920, 734.26K)

I agree w this. I can’t find the Sticky sample anywhere but it sounds like The Antlers or something, I liked that one

Easier said than done. I think his hitmaking prime was 2015-2018 and he’s in the midst of falling off, his new album is selling really poorly by his standards and it’s been a long time since he’s had a single that resonated.

fair trade was less than a year ago. it didn't do crazy numbers but it was one of those songs that moved people and the culture. I can concede and agree with you that he can't pump out the mega hits like he used to, but he can still make classics

I honestly think that's just it: people like bland, grey dishwater music some time. Listen to someone else if you're in the mood for a porterhouse steak, listen to Drake if you're in the mood for creamed corn. Happens more than you might think

You guys are out of touch. Drake's music hits normies on a very fundamental level. It's his character. The way he presents himself and the messages, and his mastery over melody. And he has just a touch of genuine emotion when necessary. He knows what he's doing and he's a genius.

Okay you fucking kike loser

Whatever man. You asked for a fucking explanation of his success and I tried to give you one. Kick rocks faggot.

Idiot. Throw your modem away, you are making the world a worse place merely by expressing yourself

>but honestly... nevermind.
faggot

>a long time since he’s had a single that resonated.
way 2 sexy was LAST FUCKING YEAR

You just want to argue. You don't wanna talk about music. You're a fucking fraud and you're useless here. Go somewhere else. Pussy.