Why did 1970s style soft rock die when it's objectively the best genre of music to ever exist even to this day?

Why did 1970s style soft rock die when it's objectively the best genre of music to ever exist even to this day?

Attached: Bee-Gees.jpg (1024x739, 132.95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billboard_Year-End_Hot_100_singles_of_1979
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the drugs changed and 'ludes went out of fashion

charles manson proved that all of that peace-and-love hippie dippie shit wasn't sustainable (or at the least, very vulnerable) and burned the late 60s out in a bloody cascade of homicide and racial paranoia - the 70's style soft-rock was mostly derivative of that late-60's formula, and so the proverbial wave of psychedelia that influenced the sound was distorted horrifically

we got bands like Black Sabbath out of the deal though, so it's not all bad. i don't know about 'objectively best genre of music to ever exist,' though. i take it in jest, but if that's seriously how / what you think / believe, i think that you'd ought to pull your head out of that sheltered trap before you fall into a deafener's obsessive search for long-gone 'old days' that no longer exist.

it's much more fulfilling in my own experience to trace the olds paths that were carved after that period of music than it is to languish in nostaglia

Doesn't go well with cocaine, speed and pills that defined 80s and 90s.

it evolved into adult contemporary and started incorporating synths and thats how you get phil collins

the 70s had tons of coke too. some of the other drugs were different though especially Quaaludes which gave way to different stuff in the Reagan years.

>if that's seriously how / what you think / believe
I do. When I turn on the radio the only station that's even bearable to listen to anymore is the 70s and 60s station, and I have satellite radio with every possible genre and era of music. Modern music is absolutely horrific and most music made since the mid 80s is utter garbage.

I should also add that I'm 35 so I wasn't even born when this music was made and yet I still recognize how superior it is to anything made during my lifetime.

>satellite radio
i mean, hell, that's half of the problem right there.

this mf really thinks satellite radio has ANY sort of genre to music when most of it is popluar rock, hip pop and pop and cheesy spa/edm music
If you were British listening to BBC radio I could see your point better, they got loads of music on those stations compared to satellite/corporate radio here.

I think maybe 2002 was the last really good year for chart hits and there's very little if anything made since 2007 worth listening to.

i wish you boomers would go back to Steve Hoffman Forum, discuss the best Brazilian REO Speedwagon pressings, and stay there.

After hearing back-to-back Donna Summer and Rihanna in the grocery store last week, I...concur.

The people making it weren't sexy, and the 1970s were the last time you could make popular music without

>being an 8 at the minimum, or
>making your average looks part of your shtick

Attached: christopher cross.jpg (2862x1610, 368.35K)

>objectively the best genre of music to ever exist
Why? It's just boomer dream pop

It died because almost everyone could make it with empty lyrics and repetitive music.

Basically clout/trap/mumble rapping today. Oversaturation with sub-par efforts. We're experiencing the death of disco in another era right now. But just like it needed to happen to usher in the dawn of the based 80's era, it needs to happen now to usher in the next based era for us.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billboard_Year-End_Hot_100_singles_of_1979

man i only wish trap had a Hot Stuff or a Good Times. and this was when disco was reading saturation point/exhaustion.

Boomers were unironically the greatest generation and all the modern day boomer hate is the biggest psyop ever pulled on the west. The best music came from boomers and it will never be topped by anyone.

That's true, not even boomers could make dream pop sound good though

gino vannelli, pages, 10cc, and steve winwood will be your favorite new artist's influences in 2026.

You literally doxx yourself with this line. You parrot this shit more than Playboi Carti jumps out tha house