Fucking Pantera? Maybe it's me, and that I lived through the Thrash era, but this band was huge piece of shit

Fucking Pantera? Maybe it's me, and that I lived through the Thrash era, but this band was huge piece of shit.

White-Trash "don't-fuck-with-me" lyrics that motivated millions of jocks to listen to this before important games against [insert main rival high school team]'s Flaming Envelopes or some shit.

One of the only reasons they gained so much popularity is their appropriation of pot culture. Don't get me wrong--I love weed like I love my metal, but putting pot leaves all over your merchandise is a cheap way to get suburban stoners in your corner.

Their music can basically be characterized as 2nd rate, overproduced thrash. When I first heard this band, I thought, I've heard someone do this better. I think they were called Exhorder.

Fuck this lame, white-trash institution. It set metal back a good 10 years.

Attached: Pure and proud american phenotype.jpg (750x906, 99.91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aDACorIaxNw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

wasn't there a thread exactly like this the other day

i don't think so, but there was a thread also with two shirtless dudes yesterday or the day before if i remember

5 MINUTES AEÆÆÆÆÆÆÆÆLOOOOOONE

Chuck Schuldiner > Nickelbag

the only good pantera album is power metal

Look mom, I posted it again!

Yep. Same faggy whining about "White Trash jocks".

I've never even heard Pantera but OP is clearly a little bitch.

is this you OP?

Attached: 1570816783573.jpg (1125x1606, 237.73K)

>the same Pantera hate thread from a few days ago
Rent free

Attached: 20200526_135414.jpg (136x157, 13.47K)

youtube.com/watch?v=aDACorIaxNw

So what part exactly is overproduced? It just seems like really raw energy with an incredibly talented guitarist and drummer.

Phil the singer is a massive fuckwit which is where you are maybe getting the white trash part but they made some good music.

Try "for a week or more straight"

Fuck Panterrible
Fuck Dimestore Barrel
Fuck Fail Incelmo

Dimebag should have been killed sooner

would you look at that, the best guitarist and vocalist of all time

Found the winner

Yah this dude has been shitting on Pantera for weeks now lol. I'm starting to think it's Phil trying to get his name back out there.

Another hate white people thread. c'mon jannies, do your job.

kek

Pantera was a well oiled machine, i've always said that they were a reincarnated hardcore version of Van Halen (with DLR). Brothers who had that brotherly connection through music which made them tight as fuck(Eddie and Alex/Dime and Vinnie), a bassist whos role was much bigger than people realize( Michael/Rex) and a charistmatic frontman who had swag for days and could also sing while giving adrenaline fueled performances( DLR/Anselmo). Planets aligned when they got together. There isn't a bad song on their 5 album run(6 if you count power metal). As for the Jock/weed culture, i'm neither a jock or a weed smoker and i haven't met anyone who glorified pantera because of "muh weed" and certianly they didn't become famous because of that. The thing with Exhorder, they didn't go big because their songs weren't as anthemic as Pantera's, Pantera was essentialy a band for the average dude/all around mass, because they too as people were approachable, you could have a jock, a thrasher, a truck driver, a stoner and and an underage goth whore who drools for Anselmo standing in the audience and they would all yell "WALK!" in one voice. I could go on for days detaliing why Pantera is one of the greats, but i'm gonna say, the day that metal died is when Pantera disbanded, what ensued later were crappy nu metal/rapcore/melodic/deathcore mc faggy shit bands, such as Papa Roach, Linkin Park, Hollywood undead etc.

Attached: 8b9976a1ab47e60931efd29c41404005.jpg (497x883, 62.22K)

you're comparing Anselmo to DLR? :-))))))

I call them Pooftera.