What the hell happened with people (at least in the west) that the only thing younger people seem to listen to today is...

What the hell happened with people (at least in the west) that the only thing younger people seem to listen to today is some form of hip hop? It's like you can't go 10 feet without hearing people listening to hip hop, r&b, trap stuff, etc. It's everywhere. It's in all of advertisements and the media we consume when I just don't get how this became the only thing people listen to. I completely accept my taste in music is antiquated and irrelevant, but I just can't understand why it seems like hip hop and pop rap is in our faces everywhere now

Attached: index.jpg (225x225, 7.36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billboard_Year-End_Hot_100_singles_of_1993
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billboard_Year-End_Hot_100_singles_of_2021
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Record companies started pushing it because it isn't as expensive to produce as pop music rooted in rock.

Gen Z was bred to worship niggers. TikTok's format of super short catchy song with very clear lyrics about some stupid shit that they can mouth along to means rap is what they're completely engrossed in 24/7.

No talent low cost to make lowest entry level of any genre besides miming in a boyband its backed and pushed by the industry peoples brains like patterns its the very obvious and easy to spot pattern based like nursery rhymes but for retards

American culture is centered around

nothing happen
no clue about the context and it isn't fair judging from a distance, placing all of them in one category,
but i suppose it's just what they were exposed the most in the past years;
?and they were exposed to that because of the influx of it, being the easiest to produce? (dunno)

also, lit's pretty difficult to tell what someone is listening to in it's own personal time

Attached: 1652950287269.jpg (853x1280, 188.03K)

This.

Attached: 1600952621793.png (681x326, 74.59K)

Its just the predominant genre of this decade, I don't know why thats so confusing for some people. Just like Jazz in the 1920s, Disco in the 70s, Rock in the 80s, Pop/Punk in the 2000s.
Do I hate it? Yes, absolutely. The "music" is unoriginal, boorish, and utterly uninspiring. But I don't find it hard to understand WHY hip hop is so popular.

>inb4 previous popular genres were also unoriginal and repetitive
Yes but not quite as bad as rap/trap. It's some next level shit having almost no melody in a genre of "music". And don't even try to tell me that 4-second loop of twinkle-twinkle-little-star tier autotune verse in the newest Lil Retard album counts as melody

boomer rant over (Im 23)

it's the low cost and relative freedom that attracts people to the genre. Both as creators and consumers. Its sorta hard to get canceled as a rapper. Unless your reliant on playlisting and mainstream media hype and you say something about god's chosen people. One could describe it as one of the last largely masculine art forms. I'm a big fan of the OG SoundCloud era stuff. And I don't dislike where the genre is going. There is a bit less innovation and diversity in sound among the popular new up and coming rappers. But if you want something it's out there. There are thousands of artists making a good living that will never come even close to mainstream.

I really like the genre, and it's becoming less and less black as well. Both in terms of artists and fans. But especially artists, compared to a decade ago, its night and day. I think the diversity breeds new life into the genre. I welcome it. And frankly despise most of the gate keeping.

This is an /r/music meme I've heard before but it falls apart under scrutiny. For one thing, hip-hop's peak as a relevant genre was mostly in the 80s-90s, it's been creatively tapped out for years. Also some of the biggest artists in the last decade plus include Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran, and Adele none of whom are hip-hop. Pretty sure among white people the biggest genres are pop and country.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billboard_Year-End_Hot_100_singles_of_1993

actually yeah the 90s charts were absolutely hip-hop/R&B dominated

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billboard_Year-End_Hot_100_singles_of_2021

last year's chart for contrast really doesn't have much rap on it. also most recent hip-hop sounds tired, boring, and played out with none of the energy or conviction it had in the 90s.

>Record companies started pushing it because it isn't as expensive to produce as pop music rooted in rock.
this has the equivalent of the entire London Symphony Orchestra on it

Attached: yeezus credits.png (1341x762, 80.98K)

if only any of this was actually true instead of wishful thinking

lal dude even the supposed peaks of the genre like Illmatic are laughably puerile and not even as good as a SOAD or Fallout Boy album

>What the hell happened with people (at least in the west) that the only thing younger people seem to listen to today is some form of hip hop?
in Tennessee everyone listens to dadrock or buttcountry.

This but also low frequencies physically feel powerful, so plebs can be moved by loud bass without actually paying attention to the music.

lyl if you think hip-hop has good bass lines compared to classic funk

I never said anything about basslines retard, just loud 808s is enough to get niggers moving

trap has a low entry point.

you don't need to buy expensive gear, learn an instrument, find other people with similar taste, practice really hard, compose everything, send demos around and pay for studio time. most of this stuff is made using internet beats, chinese mics and home recordings with autotune while they talk about having bitches and money. it's easier and cheaper to make and plays in parties, perfect to the adhd generation.

this is some wannabe EDM producer. no sorry nobody has ever heard a trap track and thought there was music there. thankfully this isn't 2017 anymore and that shit is dead.

stop projecting retard, i don't even make music.

Oh never mind. You're actually Fantano. Figures.

put on some disco. now they had brilliant musicians on there. trap is the equivalent of a 5 year old banging on one of those toy pianos compared to Giorgio Moroder.