Guitar anons, what's the hardest song you have ever learned and how long did it take you to get down?

Guitar anons, what's the hardest song you have ever learned and how long did it take you to get down?

Attached: monkey-play-guitar.jpg (387x256, 61.72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IPL0FYqXo3o
youtu.be/2-Y2qHLl8IY
youtu.be/SeIo5q3qvos
youtu.be/leaIuDiMVro
instagram.com/reel/CcJf1rdtLYp/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
youtu.be/nUPubUO4Qgw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

For me it was this phish garbage I had to learn for a band I was in. Took about 30 minutes a day for a month to get it to a point where I was sure I wouldn't fuck it up in front of an audience.

youtube.com/watch?v=IPL0FYqXo3o

My condolences, user.

Some Megadeth stuff. Actually still working on the solos to get them perfect
Learning some Rhoads era Ozzy stuff right now and it's really kicking my ass

Holy Wars by Megadeth, the opening riff is fucking dope

Been playing for 17 years and never performed in front of an audience once in my life
I have no idea how people do it without making mistakes. I can barely play standing up

head line for donna lee but charlie parker

3 years

Based secret guitarist

How long would take for someone that never played guitar before to learn Cherub Rock? Lets say 1 hour of practice everyday

assuming a complete newb it would take you like 1-2 months to play it without fucking up

Just do what Fripp does, except you'll have to play 5 times as well

Attached: 128.jpg (480x320, 55.41K)

These
youtu.be/2-Y2qHLl8IY
youtu.be/SeIo5q3qvos
Now I'm in the middle of this one
youtu.be/leaIuDiMVro

Attached: 1643955509540.jpg (888x1024, 136.47K)

>Guitar anons, what's the hardest song you have ever learned
Fracture
>how long did it take you to get down?
Still haven't
As for the hardest song I can actually play, probably Poison Was the Cure by Megadeth

Post playing right NOW

In terms of speed + endurance either master of puppets, painkiller, or a children of bodom song. I also was trying to learn Ants of the Sky by Between the Buried and Me but got kind of sick of it, that would probably be the hardest

For combination of techniques and endurance it would be Leper Affinity by Opeth or some of Mastodon's stuff

I feel like I should be way better at guitar for how long I've been playing but I can nail stuff down pretty good if it has my attention, cranked out 7empest by Tool in its entirety just yesterday

I have never once felt confident enough in my ability to play cleanly and not make mistakes to play in front of people

instagram.com/reel/CcJf1rdtLYp/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

here is me doing the headline to donna lee

Attached: 9D6AB48A-38BB-47F0-B4CE-8353A78808F9.png (1200x1200, 43.22K)

youtu.be/nUPubUO4Qgw
That solo from jimmy page in 1973 on “Dazed and confused”. It’s definitely not the hardest solo I’ve played but it was the one that it took me the most time to learn
It's Incredibly difficult to play. These (mainly Pentatonic)licks have 'odd or strange rhythmic meter' to them. Shred Guitar players (I am one) who play much faster than this , can't play this because a lot of this doesn't "Sit under the fingers" nicely. Its not 'User Friendly' unlike Malmsteen or Paul Gilbert 3 note per string stuff... The guys who will find this less of a challenge are Jazz players but "Metal Merchants" would have no show. Its not until i slow this down to half speed do i realise what a 'nightmare it is to play. People may wonder why this classic solo hasn't been put into TAB..... It's because its impossible to notate... It's full of 'Micro String Bends', artifacts and textures that music scoring does not accomodate.. (similar to how you couldn't notate budgies chirping for instance)

it's too late to record, my neighbors are gonna kill me

it's called "soloing while on heroin" you dummy