Is buying vinyl or cds in 2022 worth it if I want to support an artist?

Is buying vinyl or cds in 2022 worth it if I want to support an artist?

Attached: Local-Record-Store.jpg (1920x1280, 669K)

"no"

Uhh. Yeah. Why would it not?

Yes, it's your money, your choice
Physical formats are great but they make this board seethe for some reason. Perhaps too much blowback from plebbit hipsters?

for independent and bandcamp artists? sure

yes but don't try and "support" any artist signed to a major label or a small label secretly owned by a major label, they will see none of that money
CDs are underrated, incredible sound quality for cheap
listen to a CD in a proper CD player with headphones in and you'll realise how shitty spotify is

I only buy secondhand though. But it’s a good way to discover more new music.

I think they make a lot more from shirts and stickers if you want to give them your money. Or buy the digital release, they make the most profit from that

Just here to let everyone know, buying vinyl in 2022 can be attributed to mental illness. Stop worshiping other people, there’s no need to “support” any artist, inflating a persons ego is not supporting them, it’s quite the opposite.

Records are kind of obsolete nowadays and a niche product. Supposedly the artist don't see the profit from record sales anymore.

I'm happy to support artist who's music I enjoy, but if my money don't reach the musicians then it's not worth it.

so that's a "yes" but really no.

>so that's a "yes" but really no.
plenty of artists make and sell their cds directly so yeah if you are buying a cd directly from the artist then you are supporting them
also some smaller labels give the artist a decent cut of the physical sales, do some research about the label if you care about supporting an artist that much

personally i pirate everything

I've discovered a much more music for free on YouTube than I have by shelling out for random records. If I discover someone that becomes a new favourite, then I'm willing to buy their records if it supports them.

I don't enjoy owning merch, other than records of the music I like. Where do you even buy digital releases of signed bands nowadays?

>Artists don't need to eat or pay rent.

>artists can get a fucking job like everyone else

But then they wouldn't be making the music I enjoy.

buy physical format if you want. but if you really want to support an artist, buy their merchandise.
even though physical formats nowadays are more considered merchandise themselves by the companies that own the artists, the record companies still take majority cuts from sales.

i have three of the binyls in ops pic
how many do you guys have

I only have 1. Hotel California.

Buying vinyls is an investment

Yeah, I mean if you really dig their stuff and find yourself as fan then go for it, I did the same with a bunch after listening to em a bunch of times pirated.

For me it's a book shelf decoration and a receipt in a sense that I've payed for my music.
And also, if I'm being honest, an attempt to share my music with the rest of the family because I have to use the living room stereo. It's seldom appreciated.

Attached: soy-collection.jpg (600x800, 83.09K)