ITT: Notable musicians who auditioned for notable bands

Starting with a well-known one: both Bryan Ferry and Elton John unsuccessfully auditioned for the King Crimson gig following Greg Lake's exit from the band

Attached: 2478.jpg (700x875, 140.46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iMTGlAPGmnM&t=437s
youtu.be/0bO_0XNaqFk
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yngwie auditioned for KISS in the early 80s after he first came to America and was instantly passed on after playing one song with them because he told Gene that his bass wasn't in tune lmao

Courtney love was in faith no more.

its weird yeah

youtube.com/watch?v=iMTGlAPGmnM&t=437s

I much prefer Roxy to King Crimson, but I feel like Bryan would have made some very kino records with them.

That one time stone temple pilots did an ep with chester Bennington

Attached: F81D6D10-12FF-43D9-BEC0-96C60C99EA37.jpg (410x410, 33.41K)

Sabbath had a bunch of vocalists try out through the 80s. The most interesting one was Michael Bolton when he was still a hard rock guy. Bolton says it's an urban myth but Iommi maintains he spent an afternoon jamming with them a few months after Dio left. Geoff Nicholls says he never got to the audition stage but was adamant that he sent a tape to their management.

sometimes I'm a bit cynical of these "then-unknown famous guy auditioned for X band and didn't get the job" stories I hear but I 100% believe this one

Kate Bush auditioned as a backing singer for Pink Floyd (and being a close friend of David Gilmour you'd think she'd get the gig) but Roger Waters said her voice was "too weird" and shut her down.

les claypool and metallica of course
youtu.be/0bO_0XNaqFk

Chrissie Hynde floated around a lot of the English punk scene in the late seventies including The Damned (When they were Masters of the Backside). She also nearly married Steve Jones and then Johnny Rotten for a work permit and nearly started a group with Mick Jones.

Roger is a fag, as per usual

John Paul Jones the Led Zeppelin keyboardist was in Cliff Richard and The Shadows for a brief time, he was kicked out for somebody better.

Dee Dee Ramone played guitar with GG Allin and the Murder Junkies in 1991. They rehearsed like once and never played together again. IIRC he was thrown out after he threw a beer bottle at a hooker, which GG wasn't cool with.

Attached: 4f9398f876a27dc3eea348d2fb27117d.jpg (500x399, 32.81K)

Keith Richards wanted Steve Marriott to replace Mick Taylor but Mick Jagger was vehemently against it.
It would have been embarrassing when new guitarist has by far best singing voice in band.

Attached: Steve-Marriott-GettyImages-85516501.jpg (1000x600, 86.86K)

Dave Grohl drummed for Tom Petty but turned down the gig full time to work on the Foo Fighters.

Twiggy Ramirez also auditioned for Metallica.

Slash auditioned for Poison, and of course Hulk Hogan was almost the bassist in Metallica (according to him and he never lies).

>you will never listen to a Glam Rock King Crimson album with Bryan Ferry on vocals

>Hulk Hogan was almost the bassist in Metallica
>the nigger album

>Bryan Ferry
people with their eyes too close together freak me out..

"Chariots of Fire" composer Vangelis was asked to join Yes as keyboardist after they sacked Patrick Moraz, but it never happened because Vangelis, a Greek national, was unable to get the proper work visas necessary to record with the band.

Aynsley Dunbar auditioned for Jimi Hendrix Experience but lost to Mitch Mitchell in a coin toss
Mitchell, in return, later auditioned for Wings but lost to Geoff Britton in a coin toss