/classical/

Mozart edition

This thread is for the discussion of music in the Western classical tradition.

>How do I get into classical?
This link has resources including audio courses, textbooks and selections of recordings to help you start to understand and appreciate classical music:
pastebin.com/NBEp2VFh

Previous Thread:

Attached: 1655345053537.png (1440x601, 392.78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

files.catbox.moe/puc348.ogg
jeffreysward.com/editorials/mahler.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

so that's why Beethoven killed Mozart, as revenge for his black brothas

Addendum: The '77 version is definitely NOT it either. God fuck damn fuck. It's the '55 after all. Shitnugget.

damn str8 playa

Attached: roman half negro.jpg (1080x1440, 306.8K)

damn that's groovy
files.catbox.moe/puc348.ogg

which mahler 4 is this

Kubelik's. It's a pretty great recording overall, but it's cursed with that weird sound DG had for him in that Mahler cycle. Still, it does have some eyebrow raising balance moments where you're like, "Oh, I never heard that before."

Oh, and his wife sings the finale and she blows. Kegel did the same thing in his recording, but at least his wife wasn't quite as bad.

oh great, it's the one mahler symphony that audite never released in their kubelik cycle. that actually sucks.

Yeah, they couldn't get the rights or some shit to some performance he did in France. Well, it was late Kubelik, so maybe that was for the best. He became really slow in Mahler as he got old.

abbado

i remember his mahler 5 being praised a lot on talkclassical but his adagietto is comically slow so it was instantly out of the running for me. on the other hand, really good mahler 8, just a bit lightweight is all. his mahler 1 goes without saying.

now i’m starting to wonder how his mahler 3 sounds and if it’s competitive with haitink’s. i mean, the BRSO have pretty damn good winds too.

jeffreysward.com/editorials/mahler.htm

Been years since I heard his Audite 3rd, but I seem to recall it being pretty good, though iirc it had some really bizarre reverberation going on. Some sort of weird echo in the mix that sounds unrelated to the actual acoustic.

Mozart's real name was Al-Moorzarat-sharam.
He was brought up by Sufi mystics, people hidden deep in the West African highlands and jungles. The mystics never let
him leave the jungle for fear he would be corrupted by the pagan tribes that the established world called the "Bamana Empire," vicious warriors and the like that were occupying the jungle he lived in. Eventually he joined the local Janissary brigade that was an auxiliary unit from Ottoman Algeria. He was attached to the local Algerian navy and he unofficially did work on a ship called the "Harazham," which was a slave trafficking ship, not of black slaves, but christian slaves. He, after staying in Italy for a while learned about certain powder that is white and can fuck you up and make your face look white. Rest of it after that was real.

The most important distinction for me is that tonal music was never consciously tonal (at least not until the late Romantic period onwards) - it was like that because of tradition; because hundreds of years of musical practice had led to a set of rules (malleable ones, but rules nonetheless) that arguably came about (and there are convincing arguments for this) because a sense of tonality is exactly what the human brain most readily comprehends (and therefore enjoys).

Atonality, on the other hand, has always been a deliberate artifice - an intellectual exercise in challenging the idea that there are, or should be, any rules in music. There's the implicit suggestion that the brain has no artistic predispositions and that anything goes so long as the audience is willing to try to understand it. Personally, I think this is a challenge that has failed, and the continuing hold of atonality is a form of academic prejudice.

>a sense of tonality is exactly what the human brain most readily comprehends (and therefore enjoys).

Attached: citation needed.png (80x18, 581)

God created atonality. It's in the Bible. It's how Joshua conquered the Canaanites. It was kept a secret by the Levites for millenia because it was the musical language of God, not meant for the ears of the unchosen, but it was prophesied that a Jewish Messiah would rise almost 3000 years later to bring back to humanity the language necessary to reestablish direct dialogue with God and make a final covenant with him, to which anyone who is able to understand the Word through holy Atonality, regardless of race or creed, is welcome.

Nigga the source is mine own ears

nice of you to spell it out without having to have a retarded back and forth for 100 posts

>recording begins
>sniiiiiiiiiiff
>cello kicks in
>COUGH COUGH COUGH

>orchestral silence
>*sounds of score pages being frantically turned*