Oh My God.. I need more

Decided to venture outside of my usual old house tunes and randomly search for an old school nu-metal playlist because anons tend to mention that genre pretty often so I decided why not... One of the first few tracks that caught my attention was Korn's Freak On A Leash. It wasn't bad actually, the build up to the breakdown was pretty good.
It was the first time in years where I literally headbanged (used to do it years ago as a joke). And replayed the song about 20 more times.

The next song was Mushroomhead's Solitaire Unraveling (one of you guys mentioned this band, too, so I paid special attention to it) and oh my fucking god... this song is amazing. It has completely changed my opinion of rock and metal in its entirety.

I'm fucking hooked but here's the thing, while my taste for this genre is still budding, Id love for you guys to recommend something like Mushroomhead's tune to act as a sort of primer for the rest of the genre. I'm afraid to go randomly searching because if I don't like what I find, it may have detrimental effect on my already biased opinion of it all.

So please recommend some good entry level nu-metal songs.

Attached: 5BD7A749-9B15-4308-95E1-A77B8C300EC8.jpg (1242x1387, 201.71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBzQNon23X7iDwsZoVZM4Rr89LTSttT98
youtube.com/watch?v=grNmQDDnkTg
youtu.be/ZJPAgcdttZY
youtu.be/ZU2k-U2Ze0o
youtube.com/watch?v=MuDxo-fbW9c
youtube.com/watch?v=knTCepRTS7E
youtube.com/watch?v=eg1R-xK9MJo
youtube.com/watch?v=kxGpFb3z1Hs
youtube.com/watch?v=9nVvojfQVBY
youtube.com/watch?v=RoeYh4MwtCk
youtube.com/watch?v=xDdGrlylcEU
youtube.com/watch?v=mUOOYqaAGms
youtube.com/watch?v=h8uQoU704JA
youtube.com/watch?v=B2O2th1FKvU
youtube.com/watch?v=yKy9-1j8AB8
youtube.com/watch?v=Qsl-TodL5sI
youtube.com/watch?v=CDl9ZMfj6aE
youtube.com/watch?v=B56J4v8MWPw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

And for any purists who disagree with Korn or MH being labeled as numetal, take it up with the publisher of this playlist, not me:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBzQNon23X7iDwsZoVZM4Rr89LTSttT98

youtube.com/watch?v=grNmQDDnkTg

youtu.be/ZJPAgcdttZY
youtu.be/ZU2k-U2Ze0o

youtube.com/watch?v=MuDxo-fbW9c
youtube.com/watch?v=knTCepRTS7E
youtube.com/watch?v=eg1R-xK9MJo

Attached: 1636136266067.jpg (300x300, 24.54K)

youtube.com/watch?v=kxGpFb3z1Hs

youtube.com/watch?v=9nVvojfQVBY

Unironically youtube.com/watch?v=RoeYh4MwtCk

Attached: 1645585584451.png (452x391, 127.06K)

youtube.com/watch?v=xDdGrlylcEU

youtube.com/watch?v=mUOOYqaAGms

Mushroomhead are barely nu metal. They sound more like Faith No More than Slipknot or Korn

their best song:
youtube.com/watch?v=h8uQoU704JA

youtube.com/watch?v=B2O2th1FKvU

youtube.com/watch?v=yKy9-1j8AB8

i heard nu metal but what about no metal

Freddy vs Jason soundtrack

The fundamentals band of nu metal:

LINKIN PARK: most commercialy successful band, the first two albums (along the hunting party) are the pilestone of nu metal. The other albums are not that bad but mostly they are not nu metal.

SYSTEM OF A DOWN: the second IMO most successful band, all the albums are great

Other important bands:

KORN: the pioners, I recommend to listen Follow the leader, the first album its a little bit raw for begginers in the genre and the other albums gets a little bit monotone.

LIMP BIZKIT: must know them for the douchebag attitude of the vocalist, but many song from them are fuckin fire, highly recommend the first 3 albums, especially the third one

Other band with moderate to small nu metal influences but that are good anyways:

Evanescence (first album)
Disturbed (first and third album)
Slipknot (first and second album)
Papa roach (Infest album)
Deftones (first, second and thrid album)

Papa Roach Infest is classic.

a nu metal thread? BASED

youtube.com/watch?v=Qsl-TodL5sI

Not technically Nu Metal, but Alien Ant Farm was kino:
youtube.com/watch?v=CDl9ZMfj6aE

Jesus, i'm like a child in a candy store right now. Thanks guys. it definitely pays to try new stuff every once in a while.

youtube.com/watch?v=B56J4v8MWPw