Why do the vast majority of Japanese bands/artists oversaturate their discography so much...

Why do the vast majority of Japanese bands/artists oversaturate their discography so much? Even well loved bands like tricot don't stop releasing albums annually, sometimes even more than two albums a year.
Is it something to do with marketability or loss of interest? I feel like it seriously jeopardises an artist's quality and makes 90% of their music sound like annoying filler.
Pic semi-related

Attached: _pink_punk_ponk__8974bedd4691ad9feaf916076a7aabb0.jpg (1792x828, 274.32K)

Because Japanese still buy CDs I guess.

Probably something to do with the record labels

That would be my personal guess given how Japanese artists overseas/under Western labels generally take much longer gaps.

Attached: 1652248487152.jpg (1242x1255, 192.38K)

Tricot owns their own label.

asians know how to work hard for aliving

Art shouldn't be a job, it should be a passion. I'd say they just really like to capitalize on the Japanese music/work ethic.

nips don't believe in the idea of art. everything they do must have a practical purpose. that's why in terms of social interactions japan is a disaster.

>nips don't believe in the idea of art
Some do, but to your credit the number of Japs that actually believe in it is far lower than in Western countries.

I dunno some of my favorite bands like X Japan and Malice Mizer, only released 4 albums in their careers.
Still waiting for X Japan's new album that has been announced like 20 years ago kek

Boris is the same, and it makes it harder for me to take them seriously. Turns out vomiting out music on the King Gizzard timetable does indeed lower overall quality.

That's a shame. I believe art is one of those things that can unite the people in many ways. I've always heard of how leaders in the east like to keep people devided.

I would guess it's probably just the most profitable way to do things in japan.

Also someone gimme japanese artist recommendations that aren't idols and boy bands.

>Boris is the same
Aren't they under Japanese labels as well?

From "Even A Monkey Can Draw Manga"

Attached: art.jpg (650x297, 89.02K)

what the fuck is the context of this? is it ironic? I hope it is, because if its serious then its horrible

Art != art, the Japanese are woke on post-modernism.

Based schizo

Urbangarde

Ryoji Ikeda

I'm pretty sure it's ironic. It would be especially awesome if this was by an Asian person. The part about the kids looking at Mt. Fuji is almost comedic.