Easily the peak of music

easily the peak of music
transcends the dichotomy of noise and music in a Hegelian way, fusing the elements of both and freeing it from the constraints of either
tonal modulating the same way that 60s psych did, while also retaining minimalism, and establishing a classical way of cycling through motifs and different harmonics to convey certain emotions within and between songs
all the songs are linked harmonically and texturally in different ways creating a very realistic universe to live in for a while, like they're all driven by the same foundational programming the way our world is with the Fibonacci sequence
its so fucking heartbreaking lyrically and vocally, while also being abstract enough to be interpreted in different ways
the instrumentals are immensely pleasant to listen to, just enough discord and dissonance to make it feel realistic and emotional but not sloppy
its also not overly flashy, you have to put in effort yourself to get the most out of it, and as a result of this you become completely submerged in the current of the album and it feels so much more alive and vivid
theres a strange psychopathic fury behind it all, it feels very natural and connected to the universe in the same way a lot of black metal is, like its less of a creation and more of an articulation of something that already exists beyond our normal perception
and alvin row is the best song of all time, with chocolate girl being a very close contender
the more music i listen to the more i realize this album already contains it all
I FUCKING LOVE THIS ALBUM!!!!!!!! best album of all time

Attached: 1655325287527.png (600x600, 830.11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9QRpk1I34YI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

cringe

you just aren't very magickal

I agree OP, it's the best album of all time and searching for anything that comes close has just been chasing the dragon.

I like Hollinndagain more

I ain't reading that word salad. Type better fool

so the reason they never play this is because panda forgot all the drum parts right?
I think he really likes it, or chocolate girl at least since it's the only one they've played live in the past 20 years + he added it to his playlist on spotify

if they do a live set of this album in full like sung tongs i’ll be happy forever

i dont think this is hegelian but i like the sounds :)

yeah i like it too

i got it tattoed in my arm
0 regreets

Goddamn it, the drums in this song are so good youtu.be/9QRpk1I34YI

I was just watching some AnCo drum covers on youtube because of this thread. Made me truly realize how much the drums contribute to the magic of their sound and how complex even some of the more low-key pieces are in terms of drumming.

Also the untitled track might be one of the most beautiful things i've ever heard

sorry post was too long had to cut stuff out

totally agree, although i find it hard to rank near the top just because of how much shorter it is, but its incredibly raw and expressive and for what it is its a 10/10
based

the brush drumming usage is ingenious, apparently noah got the idea from Love and Echo and the Bunnymen. but how he went from those bands to Spirit mystifies me. early AnCo is such a mystery. sad we'll never see the NYC '99 show

I’m so glad this faggot culture of AnCo Any Forums is dead.
Kanye West chads don’t write gay shit like OP and the rest ITT

They don't like playing their old music. They only did Sung Tongs because it's easy to play live, unlike the arrangements on Spirit.

thanks for bump, now go back to your containment thread chad

hell yeah dragon ball z bro

Also OP I appreciate the write-up
Spirit is one of the very few albums that's purposefully about a specific theme, and every one of the songs contributes to that theme. Even if I try to think of others there's not many. ITAOTS does it, Deathconsciousness might count too. Not as big a fan of it but The Suburbs also counts.

You also have artists that pick a very novel sound and explore it, which makes the album feel super cohesive. Comus' First Utterance and Exuma S/T are some of the most cohesive records to me for that reason, even though strictly speaking neither confined that sound to just one album. Spirit is special to me because they both have the unique theme AND the unique sound. It's taking the album format to its logical conclusion by making each part contribute to a greater whole. AnCo hasn't made much music about a theme since (besides MPP) but it's probably because they just have nothing specific to say.

I like kanye too

>in a Hegelian way

Didn't read! however that's a great album with a bunch of great songs, yep!