Thank Goodness For Golden Friday Times Once More Edition

Thank Goodness For Golden Friday Times Once More Edition

Let's try to keep these at the ten minute mark or shorter, but otherwise post whatever the hell you want.

I'll let the first non-OP lad link the first track.

Attached: It's_song_review_time_for_those_with_golden_ears.png (1221x1111, 211.06K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1gKVRlQHlN0
youtube.com/watch?v=hBCaPnVvmrk
youtube.com/watch?v=ZlvsU8K7htM
youtube.com/watch?v=CWjSdFuOOrs
youtu.be/bxzHKzr3ZuE
youtube.com/watch?v=llICUjHBaJA
youtube.com/watch?v=evhzUP_00gI
youtube.com/watch?v=eDKJVU6gkUo
youtube.com/watch?v=t74BiBmBizk
youtu.be/s8SNe7uy1zY?t=1032
youtu.be/N3LBgdk-c3g
youtube.com/watch?v=4hGQ97tCTOs
youtube.com/watch?v=FMIGJmYqNDw
youtube.com/watch?v=RrxePKps87k
youtube.com/watch?v=r2wB5hEztvM
youtube.com/watch?v=HqNf8oNIAls
youtube.com/watch?v=KIOC3eR-m_o
youtube.com/watch?v=mi9MLL8QOY0
youtube.com/watch?v=q-WMXTCvYeo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtu.be/1gKVRlQHlN0

Fine enough indie rock with chill vibes that I appreciate and smooth female vocals that deserve praise as well. No complaints. Is likely worth repeated listens. 8/10

youtube.com/watch?v=hBCaPnVvmrk

i don't have a bit of rating stuff, but 7/10. like the harmonica, vocals didn't do much for me.
lovely jig tune, i think i saved this from last time.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZlvsU8K7htM

This comes across as heavily on the generic side in terms of alternative rock, especially for more underground releases coming out in the past two decades or so. The track does a nice job in creating a melancholy atmosphere that's oddly appealing, though. I don't want to be too critical. 7/10

youtube.com/watch?v=CWjSdFuOOrs

Indie rock with pretty decent female vocals, not bad but I just feel like I have heard similar stuff that is just way better, not my style of music either, but still fun I guess

5/10

Irish folk stuff, I've heard other songs from these guys before, I've liked all of them, pretty beautiful and fantasy like. It works for me.

7/10

youtu.be/bxzHKzr3ZuE

youtube.com/watch?v=llICUjHBaJA

It's decent in terms of jazz rock more generally. Still, I can't help but think of this as playing in some gigantic mall. Or possibly on the Weather Channel. 7/10

youtube.com/watch?v=evhzUP_00gI

youtube.com/watch?v=eDKJVU6gkUo

im a rock history ignoramous. enjoyed this

youtube.com/watch?v=t74BiBmBizk

oops i meant

youtu.be/s8SNe7uy1zY?t=1032

Best song from the best KLF album, just an iconic, fun but beautiful song that perfectly fits with the rest of the album. Sure, not the most complex song, but still pretty effective.

10/10

youtu.be/N3LBgdk-c3g

It's decent as a soundscape experiment, but I don't really get the appeal really. Just a bit of noodling around. Nothing's really happening. Meh. 6/10

youtube.com/watch?v=4hGQ97tCTOs

I looked this up:

youtube.com/watch?v=FMIGJmYqNDw

A fairly solid electronic release, although I can't help but say that it seems pretty derivative and generic compared to what I've heard over the years. Still, those are rather pleasant vocals in particular. Not bad. 8/10

youtube.com/watch?v=RrxePKps87k

saw it in previous threads; great track, entertaining lyrics
youtube.com/watch?v=r2wB5hEztvM

I went ahead and listened to the song "Targeted Girl". It sounds like your standard 80s synthpop in general without anything really standing out, with the vocals kind of falling a bit flat for me. Still, it's got some of a bubbling sense of fun. The language barrier might hurt here. 7/10

youtube.com/watch?v=HqNf8oNIAls

youtube.com/watch?v=KIOC3eR-m_o

i was going to say i prefer the later adele banger, but then, i heard it in theaters and maybe that's the reason why lol

Average sounding folk rock. It's not terrible or anything, but it's still frankly fairly uninteresting. Just sort of the kind of material that'd be in the background in a cafe scene in some drama film, really. I don't want to be too harsh, though. 7/10

youtube.com/watch?v=mi9MLL8QOY0

i like Cake, but I prefer stuff from their earlier releases e.g. Fashion Nugget. i give it ~7 slices (though this sure does sound like Cake)
youtube.com/watch?v=q-WMXTCvYeo