>raise my hand
>ask what atonality is
>professor looks at me like I'm an idiot
>explains it in a way that I still don't understand
>feel embarrassed
>class ends
>go up to professor
>ask for help
>professor looks at me and says "I don't have time for you, you're not even music majors"
>be completely crushed
>realize that I'm not good enough for music school
>drop out of college
>become a janitor

What should I do, Any Forums?

Attached: 771243464f2f4df47df8eb546d60c728.jpg (316x268, 16.95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

danluu.com/look-stupid/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Become a janitor

Start composing and show the power of SOVL.

Chances are your professor is a miserable failed composer himself, become a famous rapper or something and rub it in his face

The only correct answer.

it sounds like you werent paying attention famalam

you have no choice but to kill him

>college educated music
Lmao
Soulless garbage

well, atonality is super easy to understand, but, if you aren't a music major, why tf are you even in there?

One, you are an idiot if you don't understand atonality. It's just random notes with no melodic structure. It' the musical equivalent of some trust fund retard spattering paint on a canvas and calling it art.

Two, you're a pussy. You're paying to be there. If a professor had said that to me in college, I would have gone straight to the dean of the department and started complaining loudly. (And yes, I did it, it's too long a story, but me and some others got our grades changed because some "visiting professor" gave us Ds because she was a raging cunt.)

Three, go to music school anyway. Fuck 'em. You're paying for it, not them. Take whatever the fuck you want, and if they refuse to teach or help you, raise holy hell.

Ultimately you have to be your own teacher. Use your school as a resource but be detached from their aesthetic inclinations. Trust your own taste first and foremost and follow the musical path that you find most interesting and exciting.

Pretending this wasn't made up for a second, the teacher shouldntve brushed you off, but you are 100% in the wrong. It's not merely that you're retarded for not getting it, you are retarded for not making the modicum of effort required to figure this out for yourself.

You aren't gonna make it, because you are incapable of solving your own problems. Your teacher isn't google.

This never happened but even if it did your professor is right. Who the fuck joins music theory class (therefore presumably having an interest in music) without knowing what atonality is

>atonality is just random notes with no melodic structure
The absolute state of Any Forums - Music

The Dean won't give a single flying fuck. I had the Chairman of the Math dept for a professor and every class he'd shit on CS majors (me) and try to convince "students with promise but who have lost their way" (CS majors he liked) to become Math majors. He even started saying CS majors were just people who couldn't cut it as Math majors. I tried to complain to the Dean but they wouldn't even see me, return my calls, or respond to my e-mails. So it's very possible this music teacher wouldn't have had anything happen to him. College is just as political and corrupt as anywhere else in this shithole world.

you sound like a fag, know we hated you more than you can realize

t. former teacher

Touching kiddies caught up with you? :^)

Stop being a self conscious faggot, God himself ridicules you every day with weird fire and it wouldn't stop you going down the path in your heart.

>I had the Chairman of the Math dept for a professor and every class he'd shit on CS majors (me) and try to convince "students with promise but who have lost their way" (CS majors he liked) to become Math majors
how can a man be so based yet so correct?

>It's just random notes with no melodic structure
This niggas never heard of the second Viennese school LOL

retarded

if it makes you feel better OP
danluu.com/look-stupid/