Why is 80s music so instantly recognizable?

Why is 80s music so instantly recognizable?

Attached: tumblr_m6xshds9YV1qanjy6o1_400.jpg (379x400, 17.03K)

synths /thread

there was a giant wave of new technology and nobody knew how to really use it to its full potential and basically every producer had a giant boner for all the new stuff and forced it on literally everybody

I wanna be under her ivy bush if you catch my drift

Shitty 80's drums mostly

masterpiece from stranger things

Gated reverb

The aesthetic choices
>Their attempts at sounding futuristic and the way in which that comes off as old fashioned now (retro futuristic)
>The emphasis on sounding fresh/cool/smooth and elegant
Also, the production/mastering techniques they used back then have their aesthetic imprint too

This

damn she is bussyn

god she looks ugly. i genuinely feel sorry for oldfags if this was the closest thing they had to a sex symbol

Attached: WH2.png (900x905, 887.07K)

yeah grimes the ukrainian caveman and man-faced phoebe bridgers and meg thee stallion are superior

STFU
OP just posted the least attractive picture of her for some reason

What's her most attractive picture?

Then why doesn't modern synth usage sound '80s'?

80s is by far the most iconic decade in music. No wonder why it is still relevant to this day. Im feeling like the 80s revival movement will always be a thing.

stop judging women by their appearances. no one asked you and its irrelevant

80s is unironically the best decade for music ever. It's the decade where music really went into high gear in terms of innovation and experimentation. 60s and 70s had psych and prog, but literally nothing in the 80s sounded like what came before.

totally agree. 80s was the peak. ever since, it's just a reorg of existing sounds.

>January 1st, 1989 hits
>every major prog act of the 70s instantly decides to become a boring pop band

FUCK *1980 THERE GOES MY DETACHED AIR OF COOLNESS