Why are mentally ill people drawn to heavy metal more than other genres?

Why are mentally ill people drawn to heavy metal more than other genres?

Attached: 1655430843260.jpg (1280x720, 133.51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychology_of_music_preference#Neuroticism
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why do constantly feel the need to bully me?

Attached: 1492285462175.jpg (780x780, 211.69K)

leave him alone

I have a severe anxiety disorder, that made me afraid of leaving my house for 5 months, I once drove my 1996 ford taurus to slab city to live with the hippies then realized they all sucked. I like dream pop and ariel pink

This is not true.

Have tortured soul? Don't fit into society? Can't relate to normal people? Incapable of seeing reality in anything other than its raw essence and brutality? Incapable of being content with simple thoughts? Need deep raw emotion in order to feel anything at all? Unbridled rage with now constructive outlet?

You will probably find heavy metal soothing then. Note, there's all kinds of metal, not just the high pitched screaming kind, the deep throat growling kind, or the kind with monotonous chords and melody that are barely discernible.

That's how it is for me. I also like classical music. Rachmaninov FTW.

sadly it is true:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychology_of_music_preference#Neuroticism

you'd have to be nuts to like deicide lmao

>In general, those rated high in openness to experience prefer music categorized as more complex and novel, such as classical, jazz, and eclecticism,[23] as well as intense and rebellious music.[24][15][10][25] In the study, reflective and complex genres included classical, blues, jazz, and folk music, while intense and rebellious genres included rock, alternative, and heavy metal music.[15]
Lol get rekt.

That rasping, gritty sound IS the sound of internal rage and a hopeless outlook. Heavy metal is sonically designed for the mentally ill

Can absolutely confirm. I only have light mental illnesses (diagnosed but unmedicated) and metal is one of the only genres that I can really jam to. The other being, funnily enough, synthpop/darkwave/synthwave.

Attached: actor-alissa-white-gluz-320010_large.jpg (426x600, 52.94K)

why are faggots and degenerates drawn to rap and r'n'b?

My friend are mentaly ill and every time i try to share him some non-metal music, he refuse to understand anything new. Thats DISGUSTING. He also love soundtracks, like THPS or NFS, but probably for the same rock songs

rollan for 69

>why are faggots and degenerates drawn to rap and r'n'b?

Attached: 77f.png (600x903, 247K)

You can say the same thing about Any Forums?

d'aww someone's upset

Attached: perfect-cell-face-dbz3.png (576x432, 262.14K)

hahahahah

Stupid generalisation. Metal ranges from mainstream radio rock to niche and avante garde. The typical Black Album Metallica fan is very different from an Abruptum fan.

Why is Any Forums drawn to pretending it is so cool when it's mostly just Pitchfork highly rated trash?

>Heavy metal