When the world needed his music the most

he vanished...

Attached: channels4_profile.jpg (900x900, 113.56K)

He would make hyperpop nowadays

had no idea he died in the mid 90s... always thought he died in the mid 70s because he became so culturally irrelevant after that

I don't really get why people like zappa

I thought so too, was surprised to find out he actually lived through the 80s, did people just forget about him after apostrophe?

He was arguably more popular and culturally relevant in the 80s than any time before. He basically became the face of the anti-PC movement when the republicans were the ones doing the pearl clutching.
Boomer critics only stopped taking him seriously after the 60s because they could no longer easily peg his music to an identifiable and "important" counterculture movement.

He was completely irrelevant after The Mothers of Invention.

i guess you forgot about valley girl and the name of zappa's kids being the subject of ridicule

Oh boy we really dodged a bullet there.

He was making hyperpop in the 60s

>he vanished
A diet of cigarettes and coffee tend to build up toxins in the body.
>He was arguably more popular and culturally relevant in the 80s
True. With the PMRC freak show he got a lot of airtime on TV. I'd love it if he was still here today. He would have lots of things to say about cancel culture, tranny's and the general distopian circus that modern society has become. I agree with OP. Wish he was here.
He made some great music in the 80s into the early 90s.

He was always on the fringes of the mainstream but Valley Girl and the PMRC saga really thrust him to the center. He was suddenly on the radars of normies everywhere and even his kids became minor celebrities. It’s surprising to me that anyone wouldn’t be at least somewhat aware of that period in his career.

Attached: frankzappa.jpg (593x809, 94.41K)

Attached: 1654965257805.jpg (688x834, 462.86K)

why couldn't this dude just leave behind a comprehensive discography of 10-14 albums
why did he have to make 800 albums for me to sift through

He did it to piss off you specifically

sure seems like it

>When the world needed her music the most she vanished

Attached: okboomerz.jpg (800x450, 64.25K)

to be fair a fuckton of them are live albums and half of his discography was junk released after he died. sticking to the mother of invention/solo studio albums is the norm. i don't really care for listening to comps or live stuff

tfw no xylophone hyperpop

He died nearly 30 years ago