When are we going to stop pretending that rap is music?

When are we going to stop pretending that rap is music?

Attached: Mugshots.jpg (750x742, 83.14K)

Rap is music, and that's the problem
To claim it's not is to be reductionist of the negative effects it's had on music culture as a whole.

Kool Keith mogs all these niggas

Attached: 8F8A36EA-FE94-475B-BE7F-5E936817E11F.jpg (1074x1080, 262.33K)

That’s an interesting perspective, user. It’s just very hard to see it in the same realm of what used to be culturally relevant. And I’m saying this as a zoomer.

mufags are just mad the barrier of entry to music has been substantially lowered once more

Yet you're silent about rock music. Despite being full of domestic abuse cases, drug addiction, sexual assault, suicide cults, and arsonist

Make it make sense

Attached: ttyrth.jpg (980x653, 83.76K)

>rappers getting arrested
they're violent and promote violence
>rockist getting arrested
Cool! Good ol times with real man fucking hookers, doing coke and burning churches

depends on what rap fags call flow
good flow = it's music
lame flow = not music

of course what i define as good and lame is 100% subjective and personal
also i'm not american so i don't care that it's done by niggers, if they're good at it, they're good at it

>they're violent and promote violence
yes, objectively correct

>Cool! Good ol times with real man fucking hookers, doing coke and burning churches
notice the violence has to be cherry-picked, and typically the lyrics are explicitly about these activities.

Rappers aren't even interesting criminals, most of the time it's generic street crime like selling drugs and gangbanging.

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's not art. I don't care how shitty it is.

I don't like rap because I am racist.

yeah, these guys got in trouble almost 50 years ago. rock's not like that anymore

>Make it make sense

Attached: BE1BCEEC-D144-4814-9863-2AE5734CA5B3.png (702x802, 61.85K)

fuck it

Because it's dead

Then you should like every modern genre in existence then since spoiler alert even the white artist you think are "white" borrowed their sound.

Attached: ABBA.jpg (1601x500, 239.59K)

yeah when stuff stops being interesting and becomes elevator music that happens

I mean, seriously. Can you picture the Imagine Dragons singer hanging out with Charles Manson?

>goes to research origin of musical style
>stops at the first darkie they see to confirm biases
lol, good job retard

Actually, yes I can.

>this nigga thinks Sweden created disco a genre of music that developed in 70s black neighborhouds in Philadelphia and New York
The state of chuds

Rap "music" is irredeemable garbage, Even the loftiest achievements of the genre like Illmatic are hopelessly puerile. Laughable stuff really.

>metal and rock fags seething because rap outlived their cringe genre

>the genre spontaneously originated and had no external influences
you stop where you want to in order to support a preconceived notion. The music has dozens on influences and discotheques themselves are European in origin lol

>all notable rap albums were made between 1985 and 2005 and is been running on fumes since then
Yeah about that.

that's like saying orthodoxy is dead because it remains true to itself whereas shapeshifting ideologies live on because they perpetually change in order to appease the masses. Only one exists as it did.

>eurofag gets educated that his people infact borrowed their entire musical legacy from Americans, particularly black ones
>doesn't know the origin of the actual genre
>gets told it
>b-b-b-b-b we did a little bit of stuff
Classic, anything and everything to get around the fact you borrowed something ethnic LOL. Here's another one of the genres you euros ate the fuck up that originated in black communities :D

Attached: 43353434.jpg (2080x653, 626.53K)

Versatile, my style switches like a faggot
But not bisexual, I'm an intellectual of rap
I'm a professional and that's no question, yo

Is that supposed to be good?

>Versatile, my style switches like a faggot
based
the other two lines are cringe

>all notable rap albums were made between 1985 and 2005 and is been running on fumes since then
What is Kendrick's entire discography?