Does anyone else feel like Beatles songs sound like kid's music...

Does anyone else feel like Beatles songs sound like kid's music? I've always felt they were too "fruity" sounding (for lack of a better word), but I cam to the realization that it's moreso because their music literally sounds like it was made for children.

Here Comes the Sun, Hey Jude, Little Help From My Friends, all super fruity kids songs. I think a lot of it comes from their singing. I can't really describe it as anything other than fruity. The only Beatles songs I could ever appreciate were the songs where they yell since I don't have to hear their singing.

Would Beatles fans ever admit this? Seems like they're already so defensive of the band, they would probably never accept this criticism.

Attached: dGv3MTni_400x400.jpg (400x400, 30.15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lc7dmu4G8oc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They initially catered to the then teenie bopper boomers. That answers part of your question

if i’m honest i think it’s the other way around, in that a lot of musicians that make music for kids took inspiration from the beatles.

I'm thinking more like toddler aged music tho.

you can blame that fag all the way on the right for a lot of it

Those are just Paul/George tunes. Lennon wrote all the cool schizo ones

That fag on the right also made Helter Skelter and Let's Do It In The Road so your point is invalid

It essentially was for 16 year old girls user

Liverpool is not in California.
Nothing about British culture is "Great". It's a small dinky place, and twee, dainty, quirky is what Brits like to do. They have a hard time with Rock.
youtu.be/lc7dmu4G8oc

>teen edgy bs mixed with songs about fucking his mom
>cool schizo ones

Attached: FCHNT4EWEAMeE8T.jpg (1280x561, 99.3K)

>Let's Do It In The Road
embryo-core
>Helter Skelter
literally about being on a playground, toddler-core

Well, I've been a Beatles fan since I was five years old, and I think some songs were definitely written for children, if not deliberately kid safe and family oriented. Hey Jude was written for Julian Lennon to help him cope with his parent's divorce, and songs like With a Little Help From My Friends and Here Comes The Sun are most certainly Kid Friendly. Octopus' Garden could definitely be considered a children's song even though Ringo wrote it after talking to Peter Sellers' personal chef about the habits and behaviors of octopus, and Yellow Submarine was turned into a movie that the whole family can enjoy, drug references notwithstanding.

Of course, there are quite a few Beatles songs that are NOT kid safe or family friendly lyricwise, but, for the most part, I can understand why somebody such as yourself would consider The Beatles "Children's music".

yellow submarine and stuff like that sounds like kids music, it was meant to be similar to lullabies and stuff of that nature iirc

Actually, the proper title is Why Don't We Do It In The Road.
This could be considered a children's song, although I don't think that was Paul's intention when he wrote it, but it's simple, repetitive, non offensive, and fun to sing.
As far as Helter Skelter is concerned....
>literally about being on a playground, toddler-core.
You are correct. A "Helter Skelter" is a "Corkscrew" slide, and if you remember what those words, the lyrics make sense and makes it a children's song, albiet a rather heavy, psychedelic one, borderlining on heavy metal.
Of course Everybody's Got Something to Hide could be mistaken for a children's song because of some of the goofy, nonsensical lyrics, even though it was just John Lennon admitting to the world that he had become a junkie at this point. Fuck, a lot of the songs on The White Album could be considered children's songs if you really think about it. I used to play it once a day before bed time when I was eight.

didn't John give his son ear damage by yelling point blank into his ear? what a weird guy.

They do sound like kids music, which is why they are good

Attached: 1654741394415.jpg (600x600, 72.07K)

The Beatles are band that creates music everyone can enjoy, even children. This is what the majority of popular music has been since the dawn of time. Troubadours, minstrels and other entertainers would perform songs and poetry for entire villages -- one act plays, sing along songs and the like.

Much of this was due to the fact that most adults, even young adults had children. Only recently, with the advent of prolonged adolescence, later birth rates and the growth child-like adults has music become stratified, with some music being "for children" and some "for young adults" (babified adults).

The fact that you are offended by the music being accessible to children is evidence that you are one of the prolonged adolescence adults that requires music that "proves" you aren't a child anymore (metal, punk, trap, etc.).

Not OP but my 4 year old listens to punk. But your analysis is correct

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I once read that the song Yellow Submarine was actually meant to be a kids song.

Honestly, how can any normal functioning adult enjoy Yellow Submarine? Sounds like a song a kindergarten would make their toddlers sing.