Is the op-1 worth it? Want to make beats, mix songs together, some techno, some lofi. Basic stuff like that

Is the op-1 worth it? Want to make beats, mix songs together, some techno, some lofi. Basic stuff like that.
youtu.be/A1gemG9rdaE

Attached: IMG_20220616_160911.jpg (1080x637, 334.44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7z4hoazra_g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

if you are willing to fuck up 1500 dollars to ''make beats and weird sounds and stuffa like thata'' u r going to get robbed blind
by ME : D

Attached: 1654846112529.jpg (1256x527, 48.8K)

can you do any of that in a daw, currently? if not then learn in that first

this offer is just 900 bucks (its used) and i could resell it if i dont like it, so it would only cost me a few bucks after all, if i dont end up loving it
i have ableton but its so unpractical and unnatural. i hope the op-1 would make it all so much easier to learn. is this just cope?

Attached: 1642816854368.jpg (749x445, 41.9K)

>can you do any of that in a daw, currently?
op can. they're just too retarded to realize they could spen $1500 on a realy solid laptop instead of a really gay and underpowered sampler.

a laptop + a daw will do significantly more than an OP-1 can, for the same price.

op is some rich kid who picks up hobbies and drops them after a few months, though. they are the target market for teenage engineering.

For fucks sake get an Android tablet and put Caustic 3 on that.
Intuitive, can do everything.

>0 posters
wth is this a bot thred

Attached: 1594326961186.jpg (240x240, 15.26K)

>is this just cope?
100%
get a midi keyboard instead. or try out ableton's push device if you absolutely hate using a mouse and keyboard for somereason.

or... here's the kicker... give up.

we need less people making music, not more. it sounds like you dont actually enjoy making music and just want to copy something you've seen online. you want to do it because it looks cool, and you want to also look cool.

also, learning music production gets rid of all the magic. when you know how aphex twin made a certain sound, it make aphex twin less godlike. you feel me? keep music magical for yourself, stop trying to make it.

>Caustic 3
imagine trying to operate a daw with a touchscreen...

Most of these hipster units are made for YouTube appeal cause they sorta advertise themselves - an OP-1 doesn’t really do anything very well. They synth engines are mediocre, the drums are too, there’s not really any post-processing to do with your recordings, etc. Something like an MPC would be a lot better as an all-in-one workflow (but I totally get that it doesn’t have the same visual charm or appeal)

touchscreen is annoying as fuck
7 ip´s
>if you absolutely hate using a mouse and keyboard for somereason.
i play piano and a similar experience, where i can translate ideas directly with my hands. a keyboard and mouse just doesnt do it for me.
here an example of what i mean
youtube.com/watch?v=7z4hoazra_g
with a mouse and keyboard you cant really do that
exactly

Attached: 1629688986720.png (411x635, 614.84K)

hm interesting, thanks
can you recommend an mpc?

Attached: 1632491868434.jpg (612x612, 46.95K)

OP if you get a midi controller make sure the keys actually feel satisfying to play on
a lot of them feel like shit, might want to test something in store first

thanks for the tip

Attached: 1648034530117.jpg (500x329, 15.2K)

>touchscreen
Plug in an Arturia keystep for the playing. Everything else, I sure take a touchscreen where all the functionality is on the surface, over a box with menu diving every step of the way. And far better than the disconnect with staring at a laptop screen and manipulating something somewhere else with your fingers.
I'd prefer a box with evereything on the knobs obviously, but so far had no luck with that in a reasonable price range.

>>if you absolutely hate using a mouse and keyboard for somereason.
>i play piano and a similar experience, where i can translate ideas directly with my hands. a keyboard and mouse just doesnt do it for me.
so get a fucking midi keyboard like i suggested... do you know what a midi keyboard is? are you too lazy to google before responding? or waste your dads money on a gay 4 track meme recorder, because why not?

>I'd prefer a box with evereything on the knobs obviously, but so far had no luck with that in a reasonable price range.
so the op-1 would be ideal for you, if it wasnt so expensive?
i already have one actually but want so switch to something where i dont need a laptop connected. just explaining why i hate the mouse and keyboard "for some reason"

Attached: 1649766255781.png (537x693, 577.95K)

>13 minutes to create that gay track
you can work faster and better in a DAW. dont buy this thing. its a meme. if you dont enjoy making music on a daw, you dont enjoy making music. move on and find a new hobby.

>8 posters

Attached: 3d2.jpg (600x1323, 104.65K)

It's hot garbage. Always was always will be.

>so the op-1 would be ideal for you
the op1 only has 4 tracks. its not ideal