A 19 year old man man produced and played essentially every instrument on this. what’s your excuse?

a 19 year old man man produced and played essentially every instrument on this. what’s your excuse?

Attached: 2D4C95D9-3B75-4C08-97E3-A3D329BA52F3.jpg (1400x1284, 132.77K)

im 18

I'm a shit songwriter

I dont write shitty music

I'm lazy
at last I'm trying just going very slow

So's he. Thats why Tubular Bells 2 and everything else he wrote sucks ass

Why would I need an excuse?
Do you expect me to be a musician, yet alone one making albums?

Great album though, prefer Hergest Ridge a bit.

I'm not talented enough to make prog rock

i’m shit at being productive, i jump from project to project during sporadic bursts of energy.

Same reason millennials and zoomers never have (and never will) produce any classics: social media distractions and internet addiction

BORING SHITE

He's less of a songwriter and more of a composer who made albums. Compositions which are called songs tend to be more self-contained and have a fixed progression than what he's known for

>19 y/o
>man

Or maybe it takes 30-50 years for the music scene to accept something as inherently classic?

Albums like DSOTM and Ziggy Stardust were instant classics, and it didn't take 30 years for people to understand that

>let me just namedrop these irrelevant albums
who cares *fart noise*

i have no talent or motivation. thats my excuse.

a man man?

man man man** my bad

Dopamine starvation and the fact that i don't have a trust fund

For me, it’s Ommadawn

>Albums like DSOTM and Ziggy Stardust were instant classics
I love both, and they were both seen as GOAT by contemporary fans of both Art Rock and Prog Rock when they came out.
At the same time, the majority of people did not engage heavily in either, and the mere fact both albums were radio-friendly and produced relatively popular singles cemented them as household names that would be collectively remembered years later. Unlike Tubular Bells, or if you can believe it, stuff like Brain Salad Surgery and Close to the Edge (seriously, check how many boomers have ACTUALLY listened to anything more than a single from either).

If you went by the word of popular music critics of the time, the reaction was much more mixed. Used to be a lot more Robert Christgau types that would write stuff like this off in a heartbeat. It was, again, them persisting as a positive household name which led to the next generation of critics having a positive bias for them.