Who are some supposedly great guitarists that you just don't get...

Who are some supposedly great guitarists that you just don't get? Who is heralded as one of the GOATs but you just don't understand why?
For me it's Clapton and Duane Allman.

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 84.68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/skolnIClmPM
youtu.be/9uuBgg0JL60
youtu.be/9-hJU-68pFQ
youtube.com/watch?v=iNUedapF-bo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yeah fucking clapton the hack

Steve Howe

Attached: 9nToJpiHodVhSCDmac6tqC.jpg (1569x895, 415.07K)

I have never listened to Crapton and thought "wow this is special, he's definitely one of the best and deserving of the nickname "God" that boomers inexplicably and retardedly gave him

Literally who?

obviously clapton, a bunch of rock shredders like steve vai, satriani, evh, buckethead..etc (i can't name a huge amount but it's safe to say i won't like 90%), ---
actually i think i don't like rock guitarists in general at all, the ones that i do like either incorporate elements from other genres really well (Hendrix's top notch blues), or have managed to make the planets align in a single solo that just turned out really well (Gilmour on Dogs).

But outside of that, in metal, jazz and flamenco, what i like is pretty much the big names of those genres.

Buckethead is actually really good but everyone just lumps him in as a meme shredder
His slower, softer, more melodic stuff is among the best you'll ever hear
youtu.be/skolnIClmPM

yeah i accounted for that, it's alright, i just don't think it's as good as people claim
this is how the supposedly best ever plays?

And btw here's something that i think is good slow guitar music
youtu.be/9uuBgg0JL60

Duane’s slide playing is awesome tho

youtu.be/9-hJU-68pFQ

I detest anyone that plays percussive guitar like the video above.

Clapton’s run from Bluesbreakers to Derek and Dominos is probably the best guitar playing ever and that’s just a fact.

I’m sorry user but you need to realize how much he changed the game. He’s got unfair natural musical talent. Sort of like Mozart bit without a father training him academically from birth.

But he learned all those notes and scales by ear and had a sense of rhythm and phrasing that’s beyond what normal humans can do.

The fact he got duped into playing in a Jazz band with Jack and Ginger and managed to keep up is remarkable and I really don’t think anyone except Eric could step into that roll and succeed. Especially in the period as Jack really forced the Marshall amps at loud volume which allowed expression and emotion to come through that goes so well with Eric’s playing.

But don’t mistake cream for rock or psychedelia. They were a jazz band playing with blues scales.

Cream live is phenomenal and probably we won’t see another live band ever be as good. And Eric as good as he was, was the least talented member of that band.

Eric is/was the goat. And sadly he never took it to the next level like Jack or ginger.

After Derek he basically gave up guitar and began a pop career and you don’t have to like it you need to recognize he was sick of being the guitar god and barely played solos for the rest of his career. The labels of course made him take a guitar in every photo

Attached: 1728AE4A-AEC4-47BC-B88A-BC485AA4BF22.jpg (693x913, 283.55K)

>But don’t mistake cream for rock or psychedelia. They were a jazz band playing with blues scales.
who are other jazz guitarists you listen to?

>After Derek he basically gave up guitar and began a pop career and you don’t have to like it you need to recognize he was sick of being the guitar god and barely played solos for the rest of his career
Never knew this. So what is the essential listening and where can you stop?

The Blues Rock Tracks he did are ok mostly,but his Psychedelic Work with Cream is fucking incredible. These I think also being more authentic to where he's coming from musically. All sure as fuck better than The Beatles though.

I agree bro but the blues stuff is just ok,ultimately it was his work in Psychedelia which is really what I remember. Songs like Those we're The Days and Dance The Night away. Some very meloncholy for the time takes on that genre.

Robert Fripp
The guitars aren't what's impressive with KC

Yes guitarist. Won every mag best guitarist poll in early 70s.

Did everyone forget Jimmy Page or Paul Kossoff existed?

Guitar geeks thought they were mediocre normie shit. It was time when prog was king.

youtube.com/watch?v=iNUedapF-bo

Uh, yeah... gtfo