How can one start on performing music as a career?

How can one start on performing music as a career?

Attached: 1792ab69aa59cf5dd367c4067bb2f2f6.jpg (600x600, 63.95K)

Get a good songwriter, then just work on being charismatic and taking all the credit for yourself.

I mean performing songs that already exist. I can play about 20 songs really well on guitar.

have parents who work in the industry.

Record a few cover demos. Share them around on social media. This will get you a foot in your local scene and then you can start playing restaurants and pubs. Have fun.

the only way to make a living playing covers is to start a cover band that exclusively plays dance hits from across the ages and try to get wedding and corporate gigs.

BUT that was before the meme virus. now almost all small venues are closed and everyone is terrified of being in public. so just give up.

why not upload them to YouTube? isn't that how Justine Sneeder got his start?

step 1: learn instrument
step 2: learn basic music theory
step 3: write songs
step 4: record demos
step 5: play free gigs at dive bars to get into preforming
step 6: ????
step 7: you are now the biggest rapper in the game

Venues haven't been closed anywhere for over a year. Meds.

>tripfag
opinion discarded

Not my fault you're scared to go outside when everyone else has been going about their normal lives again. Oh I forgot, you're probably a basement dweller who hates going out for food & drinks and probably doesn't have any friends to go out with anyways.

Thank you!!

You're welcome. Try simply uploading your songs on YouTube every time you finish one. A lot of millennial independent artists do that. And ditto for Bandcamp (emphasis on Bandcamp). Those are the best two places, one for streaming, and the other for selling your music.

Don't.

have sex with important people

start your career as a wedding/bar mitzvah DJ

I see ads all the time on craigslist or classifieds, if you can play an instrument you can get a gig. but you should be really good at your instrument.

there will be more pandemics, bill gates has promised us. the firs tone was too successful to only do once.

My friend start playing open mics then small gigs then opening for local bands then opening for fairly big local bands then opening for the best local bands then he started opening for famous bands and then he started touring with famous bands then he started playing for a famous band and now he is in a famous band and quit his construction job. Easy as that

Why don't you invite friends to your home where you cook for them, and drink something you've been brewing for weeks? Are you lazy? Or stupid?