Met a girl, Now all the music I like sounds like shit

>meet girl (woman) 27, at a coffee shop/bar/concert venue
>go on date
>figure she’s into “cool” music based on where we met
>start talking music
>she says “im not really into all that kind of music, I occasionally listen to hit radio, most of that “cool” music is noisy and not much substance, I was at that concert for a work friend going through a breakup”
>ask her “what do you mean noisy?”
>”I like music that’s real crisp, where people can sing and play the instruments cleanly, and like hit radio music is objectively better than most of the stuff I hear at that venue”

NEXT DAY....
>find her youtube page,
>she is actually a crazy good musician, parents raised her to play piano, flute and sing. Videos of her performing religious songs and a few covers of Colbie Caillat and John Mayer.

Date two
>tell her I saw her youtube page, and she says “cool, do you like Colbie Caillait? She’s like one of my favorites”
>she then parodies some of the music I like and pulls out her phone and writes a parody indie song on her phone piano app and writes really corny indie lyrics on a napkin.
HERES THE THING
>the song actually sounded like some slowcore song

Ever since this I the music I listen is starting to sound “noisy” like she described, I even listen to Colbie and felt like a fag but shes right…there is just like more talent in certain people and it’s clear.

Bro’s did this girl screw my mind up? Will I ever like my Kill Rockstar and SaddleCreek bands again?

She’s a really cool girl and asked me to play soccer with her friends next week, but im feeling insecure.

Attached: soda-bar.jpg (1200x1200, 332.92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_YtzsUdSC_I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

BROS MAKE IT STOP!!!

I was litterally singing this the whole commute home...what has become of me...

youtube.com/watch?v=_YtzsUdSC_I

Yes. Hits are hits for a reason.

Link to her YouTube channel or it never happened

>hey dude go ahead and dox yourself and let Any Forums see the girl who you just said was really cool, im sure that will really increase you chances that soccer goes well this weekend

Ask her to do a cover of cohens song

simply put but you're right. I always thought "masses is for the asses" but sometimes it's more the case of "vanilla is the finest of the flavors" i guess. This is to brutal i shouldnt be feeling this way as a grown ass man

Okay, if everyone ITT promises not to leave any comments on her YouTube channel, will you post the link?

Cope, larpfag

have you considered dying?

ill try to download one of her videos and clip 15 seconds of it, block her face, im a retard with webm conversion on shotcut

NO DONT YOU FUCKING DARE YOU RETARD
DONT DONT DONT

nah, im feeling insecure because a pretty girl sees something in me but totally dissed on my music taste which is kind of a big interest for me.

If she wasnt such a good musician i would dismiss her comment as bullshit

yeah your probably right, that would be a fucked up thing to do. I can hear my moms voice in my head now saying "how would you feel if someone did that to you?"

Like I said earlier, no one's going to do shit. It's not like you're asking us to leave nasty comments and dislike all her videos, that would be a fucked up thing to do.

>no one's going to do shit
I am going to say nasty comments and dislikes and link her to this thread.

Don't listen to this guy, he's just joking around. Post the link, nothing bad is going to happen.

wtf...is this post.you and that girl have awful music taste, meanwhile me and my bitch listen to better music then you, stay lame.

This thread is so whack. She's gonna ditch you because you act like a bow-legged numale.
>music taste is "kind of a big interest"
>girl teases me about it once
>whole identity starts caving in
get a grip

Attached: seriously.gif (245x175, 446.66K)

Bro exactly!!! this is why im feeling insecure, like wtf is my music taste such a big deal to me as a 26 year old man...like damn i went to school and college and have a job but now im feeling like in someways im still mentally a teenager.

How do i get a grip, do i jsut embrace the fact i like Colbie Caillait and John Mayer now? Fake it till i make it?

Well user, I used a website that searches for for YouTube videos based on the location where they were posted and there have been no Colbie Caillat or John Mayer covers posted on YouTube from San Diego within the last year. That means you're a liar, and a faggot.