It's more impressive to have a great one hour set of live comedy than a great one hour set of live music

It's more impressive to have a great one hour set of live comedy than a great one hour set of live music.

Attached: red.jpg (780x438, 74.44K)

OP here I'm also trans not sure if it's important but I thought I should mention it anyway.

Comedy outside of a narrative structure is almost always terrible.

ack yourself, tranny

t. friend simulator addict

so you must be a romantic partner simulator or nostalgia addict

Go back to your clown board then.

i said "great" meaning comics like steven wright or mitch hedburg

only because comedians usually suck
I'd still much rather listen to an hour of great music than an hour of great comedy because music is better than comedy

which one would that be?

>unironically being triggered

here's my point
the 50 best comedians working today would be a better live show than the 50 best musicians working today

its just a matter of expectations. everyone expects a good live music concert to be at least 2 hours. a good comedy act should be an hour.

Yeah because the expectations were lower.

Comedy can be kind of a thankless job. It's harder than playing music, it's less entertaining than music, it means less to people than music, and in 50 years people probably won't find you funny anymore no matter how good you are. In other words, it takes more effort to achieve less. It seems like the only way for a comedian to come out on top is to use comedy as a segue into acting.

comedians desperately want to be musicians but don't have the talent for it.
i watched norm's dying COVID special and chappelle tries to compare comedy to jazz like 50 times, it was embarrassing.

>It seems like the only way for a comedian to come out on top is to use comedy as a segue into acting.
Honestly. Stand-up comedy is seen as the lowest form of art all across the board along with dance.

comedy isn't like jazz, it's like cuisine

>it's less entertaining than music, it means less to people than music
pretty much the common sentiment in this thread

>in 50 years people probably won't find you funny anymore no matter how good you are
and even if they do find you funny, any retard on toktik can make them laugh just as hard

Comedy outside of a board structure is just picrelated

Attached: 51CDF371-F4F8-4874-BBEE-926F12AEB8BE.jpg (2085x2660, 2.23M)

>board structure
wut?

>musicians desperately want to be funny but don't have the humility for it.
the converse is also true