Please Help

Where can I listen to the ORIGINAL steve albini In Utero album? the original album that was released sounded nothing like what was recorded according to albini. it was said only the singles were remixed by Kurt but he lied. in mastering, the songs were changed dramatically. now, the 2013 mix was said by some to be the ACTUAL mix that Kurt and Steve had made initially but I can’t find a source on that. this also makes matters even more complicated because a version of Heart Shaped Box and All Apologies were released claiming to be the original Steve Albini mixes but yet he remixed them himself for the 2013 mix. WHAT THE FUCK. I just want to create a playlist using the songs that were originally supposed to be on the album. The way the album was meant to sound before Geffen interfered. Can someone please help me with this.

Attached: 85104042-7F1F-4645-80FB-B7325B853360.jpg (1500x1490, 144.7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=FHcmfzhxSm0
thepiratebay.org/description.php?id=8781827
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The album was the albini mix, except the singles, heart shaped box, pennyroyal tea, and all apologies. Those songs were mixed by Scott litt or somebody at the request of Geffen. The rerelease in 2013 was the original albini version with his mix on the singles. In the deluxe version of that release is both versions of the singles. I can’t hear much difference between the albini mixes and the label versions, maybe slight more guitar noise

But the original album wasn’t the Albini mix, Steve said the final album sounded nothing like what was recorded, although they were the same songs. the singles were remixed but the entire album was also changed in mastering, the 2013 mix sounds like a new album, entire song sections are different, now which album was the original version? the 2013 mix? and where does this leave the “original steve albini 1993 mixes of HSB/All apologies” that were released vs the 2012 mix of those same songs?

>Where can I listen to the ORIGINAL steve albini In Utero album?
There is a torrent on piratebay where a guy converted the Vinyl 2003 German LP (which is the only albini mix version ever released, by accident using albini masters) to FLAC

Albini doesn't usually master his records. The final master is the final mix converted to 24 inch analog tape which was released in the 2003 German version of In utero using his master

do you have a link? i’m not knowledgeable in the inner workings of music so your post is basically a foreign language to me, i’m just speaking as someone who wants to hear the original version so excuse me if i sound retarded, so how did the german version in 03 get the steve albini mix to begin with? so those are the originals of every song? why don’t they just release that? what are the 2013 mixes and what not then? and is there any musical changes? because Steve said the 1993 original album sounded nothing like what it was supposed to be when kurt left his studio

accurate. i love albini as much as the next guy, but his mixes of the singles are by no means definitive. scott litt's mixes are just as noisy, but they've got a few more overdubs harmonizing in the background that make the songs slightly punchier and more detailed, nothing is sacrificed. it's nice to have, those versions are dumber in a good noise rock way, but it's not a nevermind situation at all

IT WASNT JUST THE SINGLES THOUGH. Listen to Steve talk about the album, KURT LIED, the entire album was changed in mastering.

need a source on albini saying that, i've heard the opposite, he's said the released album is largely his original mixes except the singles, and (paraphrasing) that he doesn't care, the band did what they wanted with those singles and it's their business. the 2013 mix is an entirely new mix, steve and the surviving members of the band did that in 2013 to pull up previously muted details and to just tweak the mixes in a fun way, give the fans something different, it's by no means definitive either

there’s numerous videos but this was the first one i found

m.youtube.com/watch?v=FHcmfzhxSm0

Fuck off op you don’t know shit

you fucking retard.

i'm pretty sure you're misremembering, i was an obsessive about this stuff years ago. i know it's a fun thought, that there's some mysterious even more hardcore version out there, but it's just wishful thinking, i've heard that german mobile fidelity sound lab vinyl and it's the same shit

Someone here should just fucking email him at his electrical audio address and ask him. He usually responds he's pretty chill. I've corresponded with him about rapeman stuff before.

i’m not saying it’s anything too dramatic in difference, but there’s definitely a lot of differences according to Albini, and it was theorized by some that the 2013 mixes were his and kurts original album, but there’s no source, I’m not just looking for the original Albini songs, we all know the album tracks are the same tracks, i’m referring to the actual original mixes and masters

then you do it please

>do you have a link?
let me check I think is this one
thepiratebay.org/description.php?id=8781827

You're the one who needs to know, not me. Just fucking email him it isn't hard.

All In Utero vinyls and cds are from the Master tape mastered by Bob Ludwig
The only Albini master tape mix released was the 2003 German re-issue #424-536-1
Not sure if Moist Vagina, I Hate Myself and I want to Die, Marigold and Sappy were ever mastered by Bob Ludwig.

>what are the 2013 mixes and what not then?
The 2013 mixes are simply an entire new mix made by Albini in the year 2013 in the Abbey Road studios using multitracks.

The 2013 re-master is a remaster of the 1993 Bob Ludwig version where Kurt allowed changes in the album to sound more radio friendly as per request by Geffen

this video backs up what i'm saying. in that video, he's saying the mastering process wasn't done by him, so the original vinyl master in particular didn't sound great to him. that's just one master, of the vinyl no less. the original cd would sound different, etc. at the end of that video, he says he's pleased he got to do this new 2013 master (not mix, he did that too, but he's talking about the newest 2013 remaster of the original mixes)

also, please don't bug albini about this shit, he's clarified it all before and this shit is boring me as it is, imagine being in his shoes

>new 2013 master
*Remaster. Kurt wanted the Bob Ludwig master to be the final In Utero so Albini simply remastered Bob Ludwig 1993 master

I Hate Myself and I Want to Die is the only totally unaltered albini mix that was released in-period AFAIK. To be honest though I don't know why people sperg out so much about thus type of stuff. Is it because of the pop culture mythos of the album's production? The music sounds almost identical, I can barely tell the difference between the mixes. If you want to listen to Albini albums there are scores of others that sound more "Albini" than In Utero ever did.

did you miss the part where he said the finished album and the album kurt left his studio happy with were not the same albums?

so are the 2013 mixes his originals remixed at least? or are they the ludwig versions remixed? why not just release his fucking original recordings i don’t get it, wouldn’t that be more valuable than a remix for the sake of a remix?

You clearly don’t listen on vinyl then.

>barely tell the difference between the mixes
That is because if you listen to the 2003 german LP vinyl using a very high quality equipment it sounds so much better than the Vinyl and CD mastered by Bob Ludwig which was done at Bad Animals studio in Seattle, using techniques to make it sound loud and compressed, as requested by Geffen and approved by Kurt as a last attempt to please Goldberg the jew his manager.
>so are the 2013 mixes his originals remixed at least?
It's an entire Albini new mix without mastering. Albini doesn't like mastering much.
>why not just release his fucking original recordings i don’t get it
Because Kurt didn't want to in 1993 so Albini and the band simply got away with getting an entire new mix instead of using the final master recorded by Albini.

Kurt was not much a tech guy he simply trusted Bob Ludwig and he also wanted to please Goldberg the jew who was his manager so let them change the album in exchange of Geffen spending money giving money to radio stations not to ignore NIrvana
It is how it works in the Jewnited States: you gotta pay radios to play your stuff, and Geffen would only do that if Kurt allowed a mastering process

Kurt didn't even know much about how mastering worked until mid 1993. Kurt was a great songwriter but also a junkie and poorly educated.