Black midi

now that they've been around for 3 years how do we feel about them

Attached: black-midi.jpg (1400x1050, 466.21K)

Even with the token black guy, they still manage to look like the whitest band ever

based saviors of prog

Too maximalist for me, there's so much shit going on at all times. I like their music videos tho

Their debut was right up my alley and I like it a lot even when it gets a little weak on the songwriting part (back then they didn't know how to end songs)
2nd album is too masturbatory for me but decent enough
Their new lead single is stellar, I love it, danceable punk spork is a kind of music I enjoy a lot, I've seen some stupid comparisons with Bungle, Gorilla Museum or even Primus, sorry but no, this one has grooves and cut the wackiness that make the others so lame and sporky (Primus is alright but not something I want to hear every day)
They're not (re)inventing the wheel but they're very fun live and write decent tunes
And that isn't a bad thing, moshing is white people shit

The Primus comparison with the new single is apt. The first 25 seconds could easily be mistaken for them.

boring wank

The British Bungle

they look whiter with him in

Some people say they are inventing somethin and i do not agree, but i love them. Even if they did not have created a new genre they renew it and i think they are setting a precedence tomore bands in the incoming years. With this said, they are one of my favourite bands right now.

Band named after one of the members

I kinda see it with the drums, it has that Tim Alexander funky jazz almost fusion drum groove, but the bass part is more reminiscent of some Hacienda No Wave and also has no slap bass and even if the guitar riff has that John the fisherman edge, the angular proggy dense punk rhythm doesn't have that funky Primus feel, I just don't see how everyone is comparing this to Primus and not all the RIO and Prog bands (British), that influenced them on their previous album, when they went Funky No Wave New Wave (American): Blurt, Golden Palominos, "Pere Ubu-era" Red Krayola, Aqsak Maboul, Slapp Happy, Etron fou leblan, Massacre, Marc Ribot shit, Pop Group

a band who only seem to exist as a response to "rock is dead" these guys will reliably pop up from some enthusiastic redditor

fooken student bollocks

They are what I imagine being raped by a snail sounds like

Very good, one of the few buzz bands that deserves their hype.
Who's ready for EME tomorrow?

Your still white and nothing you do will change that

Decent studio band but they really shine when they play live.

No organic demand.

Widely woo nonsense

Attached: Huh.jpg (800x450, 18.14K)

All their music does is bore me

the only really interesting band in recent years