Do you remember 2014 EDM era?

do you remember 2014 EDM era?

Attached: ab67616d0000b273baeb5ba3cfa8bc5f048ed948.jpg (640x640, 92.15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gCYcHz2k5x0
youtu.be/oC-GflRB0y4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

sorry bro i was busy listening to while(1

mainstream edm did irreparable damage to the reputation of electronic music
that shit was so ass i avoided all bleep music like the plauge

trap nation

What's considered mainstream edm? I can only think of Big Room House, Dubstep, and maybe Hardstyle to an extent

god those days were cringe

I remember 94 nigger

Yes I hated it, it was a blocked memory until now. Fuck you

As bad as it is now looking back it expanded the edm scene in the long run and brought the attention of many people like myself to other subgenres or just even more experimental music. It's not something I'd play to a friend now and barely on my own, but I owe it my entire current music taste and for that it has my respect

EDM from 2009-2015 runs the gamut of being some of the worst music I've ever heard and some of the best. It's a shame Boregore was enough of a name to be in OP cause he's one of the worst musicians to have ever lived.

Man... it was a great time! This came on the other day on a Playlist and was the bee's knees.

youtu.be/gCYcHz2k5x0

Attached: 20220402_162915.jpg (4000x3000, 2.4M)

yes, it's precisely when everything turned to shit
brostep died in 2013 and was replaced with nigstep

>nigstep
What is that

Zoomers nostalgia fagging. You knew this day would come. Wait until the next generation nostalgia fags over fartknight

>Zoomers nostalgia fagging
Nigga I'm nearly 50.

Attached: 20220414_120958.jpg (4000x3000, 2.15M)

the cool melodies and textures and aggression of brostep got sidelined entirely by annoying hi hats, repetitious thump thump bullshit, and more of a focus on annoying high pitched jungle frequencies isolated in a vacuum than pretty synths juxtaposed atop growly bass
basically a blanket term for terrorstep, trap-influenced dubstep, and riddim
it never recovered

Do you have any examples? I was too busy being inundated by DJ Mustard produced tracks at that time.

Yeah lol, I was big into it back then. Used to listen to the weekly shows like Hardwell on air. Listening back to those songs now is cringe inducing. I've been interested to find a spotify playlist with some of that trash, but nobody can get it quite right.

Attached: fsdfsdf.png (446x841, 100.6K)

Sort of, brostep kind of dying overly melodic crap and in the more underground scene meme house was building up. What a fucking crap era, even for muh real bleeps. Getting better now tho

It was a better time
youtu.be/oC-GflRB0y4

Attached: B616AB7C-D884-4D8D-AAF7-E58D1AB58C54.png (544x363, 403.83K)

as bad as it was, the attempts to cross the genre over to generic pop artists was way worse.
2014 edm was pretty much the expected evolution of the genre into modern times, so i didn't have too many problems with it other than some of the drops are so underwhelming.

What electronic are you listening to now? Past few years i've been into trance; above and beyond, ilan bluestone, i_o who would have been massive if he didn't die, maybe fatum.