Any oldfags remember when the Beatles played at Live Aid? Absolutely magical

Any oldfags remember when the Beatles played at Live Aid? Absolutely magical.

Attached: freebird.jpg (236x236, 21.65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GxXuvN8L5AI&t=6s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yeah, terrible set list tho:

>Mr Moonlight
>Hey Hey Hey Hey/Kansas City
>Devil in Her Heart
>Boys
>John mumbling for ten minutes
>Twist and Shout feat. Ravi Shankar (35 minute version)

Queen really showed them up

They went through all that trouble to get Shankar just to appease George, and he still refused to even harmonize with Paul. Fucking cunt.

Hey man, john was reciting the Bhagavad Gita, it wasn’t mumbling.

Low effort post, live aid happened in 85, Lennon died 80. Fucking idiot

Deserved, George fucking invented Live Aid

Faggots like you ruin threads like these.
If you're not going to play along, please leave.

You're obviously no fun. Go stink up another thread faggot.

reddit: the thread

I couldn't believe how they all went Who on us what with the smashing of their instruments at the end of their set except for George playing the sitar and chanting Hare Krishna/Hare Rama over and over again.

And Ringo setting his drum set on fire? Man you just can't make that kind of shit up!

That doesn't mean The Beatles never had a reunion.
They just did it without John, that's all.
youtube.com/watch?v=GxXuvN8L5AI&t=6s

You don’t remember this? It was all anyone could talk about for months after and it’s literally the only reason anyone remembers Live Aid at all.

Actually, I LIKED that version of Twist and Shout, but I agree they should've done a few more songs. I mean we ARE talking about The Beatles, after all.

Personally, I think they kept the set short so Paul wouldn't try to take over mid set.

Also while I think it's great that they had Ravi Shankar as a guest, I'm still disappointed that George didn't get to play any of his songs. Like, I mean, really? They could've at least let him play I'm So Happy Just To Dance With You.

The Wings/McCartney solo set was way better than The Beatles desu, Temporary Secretary (Long version) feat. George Michael and Renée and Renato was great

>tonight on Top Gear

I was just happy they didn’t bring yoko on stage

Isn't that a show about cars?
Yeah, people are still speculating is weather or not it's because she wouldn't perform w/o John, or weather Paul nixed the idea.....

The Beatles' set was shit except for Phil Collins' drumming, he made the show

Jim Keltner and Ringo both killed it on the drums, the Beatles sounded huge in that show, too bad the speakers were a bit quiet

Based assburger

what the fuck is wrong with this schizo? is this another mandela effect bullshit ???