Which nerd would you rather have produce your album?

Which nerd would you rather have produce your album?

Attached: steve.jpg (893x636, 181.08K)

albino

Neither. Albini is the most overrated producer of all time. I've seen pictures of the other guy before, but I don't actually know his name.

Steven Wilson, frontman of Porcupine Tree and solo artist who produced for Opeth and remastered a bunch of classic albums

his name is also Steve

the n-word guy

trick question. albini isn't a "producer" per se. he prides himself more or less on accurately capturing a bands raw sound

the number of times my dumbass friends have confused albini and rick rubin

Damn, Steve Wilson is like 54 years old but looks like he is barely a day over 30. There's hope baby faced bros.

Wilson for production and engineering, Albini for mastering.

The generic white dude with glasses.

this nerd

Attached: ].jpg (540x705, 114.79K)

real producers never see the sun, like film editors

Doesn't Albini just record the first take on tape and send it on with without eqing, compressing, or balancing anything?

yeah he says this shit all the time, but saying he produced your album is a tagline bands will lead with, and he has a distinct sound, that sound is just 'raw live sound', he says hes an engineer but it's just old punk posturing to seem more authentic

back in the day, of course.

Attached: brian-wilson-sunglasses-beard.jpg (1280x822, 160.89K)

Steven Wilson has a reputation as a professional and people actually use him for their albums, unlike Albini. When's the last time someone hired Albini to do a remaster of something? Never.

this lil nigga ruined melodic death metal

It would depend on the kind of album I was making.

wait nevermind I forgot Albini refuses to use digital audio. Wilson it is.

Albini for the original, Wilson for the eventual remaster. Only right answer.

Albini produced some of my favorite albums ever, most notably pic related. So I guess him. But I'd much rather talk to, listen to, and be friends with Wilson.

Attached: 71N3uvPPjDL._SL1050_.jpg (1050x1049, 176.54K)

brian is a great composer but i think his production is overstated, he did a lot of dumb things to mixes and left a lot of junk in final mixes like studio chatter. definitely excusable because he was one of the first to ever fuck around with productions to that extent though