I just remembered Atari Teenage Riot

Young people are embarrassing. The 90s were embarrassing. Berlin is embarrassing. Deutschland always embarrassing.

Attached: 912737602776414cabb8c6c60c869e0b.585x577x1.jpg (585x577, 198.47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/19b0KPelrtU
youtu.be/A_DNXK_Lxl8
youtube.com/watch?v=RM5j7o3q3Dk
youtube.com/watch?v=9gFSz5sKcD8
youtube.com/watch?v=K0cjmQTQpKM
youtube.com/watch?v=_SfrjJmRqao
youtube.com/watch?v=BzdfTtOPVnA
youtube.com/watch?v=LxX0yaCSu94
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The music has potential to be good if you can manage to extricate the vocals from it completely.

START THE RIOT

I just remembered Age of Chance
youtu.be/19b0KPelrtU

Attached: 71IMjZmmzvL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 164.2K)

The breakcore treatment isn't half bad, it's the self-important attitude and the revo chic posturing that gets me. What were we thinking?

Attached: Germans 1998.jpg (854x480, 45.46K)

That is funny. I can say that because it was before my time.

ATR was pretty tasteless, but it's fun music if you don't give it too much thought.

Problem was they weren't tasteless enough. Too german for that. Spex fodder.

Attached: Germans 1995.jpg (450x302, 22.23K)

i also(?) live in germany, so yeah i agree

eventhough for some reason 90s techno shit just reminds me of toggo

I literally only remember the name
I dont even remember what genre they are

Wanted to post this as an example for something that was tasteless enough
youtu.be/A_DNXK_Lxl8
but it just sounds timid, dinky, cutesy now.

2k Apocalypse Core

Attached: Germans1995.jpg (1200x675, 131.13K)

I've noticed that edgy attitude (~heavy music~) combined with electronics seems to show its age the fastest out of all music.

For one, if you get into messaging beyond the utilitarian promise of electronic dance music (get the bodies moving), a few years down the line you can't help but notice how those promises (threats) haven't been kept and how it all was yet another Larp. Beyond that, the "extreme" in genre always starts looking silly from a distance. It's always a dead-end. You can see where the extreme was of its time and not "the most" after all. That's not just with electronics of course.

True, but it's nothing inherent to either electronics or tude, but a matter of taste when all is said and done. Counterexamples:
youtube.com/watch?v=RM5j7o3q3Dk
youtube.com/watch?v=9gFSz5sKcD8
youtube.com/watch?v=K0cjmQTQpKM

ATR has aged exceptionally well.

embarrasing. go back to fantano and pitchfork average mu posters
youtube.com/watch?v=_SfrjJmRqao

euros are always embarrassing when they try to write in english. the scandinavians can pull it off alright, but anyone on the mainland should just focus on their mother tongue and rich home culture

the problem with groups/artists like ATR (and public enemy and dead kennedys before them, and kendrick lamar today), where they begin and end, is that the content of their sloganeering -- which, no matter how high they've cranked the edgelord volume in their delivery, wouldn't be out of place or even raise an eyebrow in any lecture hall in the western world -- just comes across as preachy and lame, even when they're trying to push the aural envelope like ATR and make it real intense bro. and then it's made doubly annoying by the robert christgaus of the world, telling you how important it is. it's just power slapping itself on the back. it's repugnant on an instinctive level

this was pretty funny, though, given last week's shitstorm
>In advance of a December 2016 concert in Tel Aviv, Israel, ATR used Facebook to declare their opposition to the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement, calling it "a support mechanism for Palestinian terrorist groups in their efforts to de-legitimize and ultimately destroy Israel", accusing Seeds of Peace of promoting "anti-Israel activities", and proposing that companies like Soda Stream are evidence that "working together is the best way to create a better future."

Alec Empire was a genius heralding in breakcore as a genre, you're a stupid faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=BzdfTtOPVnA

youtube.com/watch?v=LxX0yaCSu94

agree

>screech about fascism
>fervently support Israeli ethnostate and the displacement/murder of Palestinians
Alec Empire was always a hypocritical faggot, but what can you expect from his ilk? At least his record label introduced me to other musicians who were better (Ec8or, Christoph de Babalon and Bomb 20 immediately come to mind).