“I do nothing. I let the band plug in and I record them. This makes me… great.”

Why is he so “good” again?

Attached: 20654242-0086-4620-8B0D-9676A8575A7B.jpg (465x700, 103.31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gearspace.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/35204-steve-albini-discussion-thread.html
youtu.be/EnOMRiHf1fI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

BUYING A STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN

Told the truth about Bic Macs

Attached: download (3).jpg (256x256, 12.75K)

Stairwell. it was a stairwell he recorded Led Zeppelin in. That makes him a genius.

A good sound engineer

He's deliberately oversimplifying what he does because he doesn't wish to take decades of recording knowledge and hand it over to people who haven't worked for it. It's called being obtuse.
If you watch any Steve Albini mixing video, it becomes obvious that the dude does a fuckton of shit, and is basically a wizard when it comes to outboard gear.

Because he started Big Black and he heavily influenced Slint. I don't care too much about his recording career or Shellac past 1000 Hurts but I will always thank him for those 2 things

He goes “whoo!” in the song Mouth Breather

Samefaggot here
His vox are on Monkey Trick as well

steve albini? more like steve alboner, amirite?

This.

When Steve talks about recording bands "as they are", with no frills or embellishments, what he means is that he doesn't do any editing. He isn't gonna quantitize your shit in Pro Tools or do surgery with 10 takes of the same part. Back in the early 90s when Kurt sought him out, he didn't do any of the slick shit that producers of his time used to do (ten million punch-ins per song, razorblading tape, twenty guitar overdubs all panned to different spots in the mix, layering drum samples in Sound Tools 2.0 on a 68k Macintosh etc)

Mixing, however, is completely separate from editing. It is not, and has never been, as simple as just "put the mics in the right places, in a good sounding room, and move some volume faders around". There is a lot of shit that needs to be done in post, in order to get anything to sound good. If you were to listen to the plain, dry signal of a vocal take recorded through a U87 and a Neve preamp, you'd be like "wow, this really doesn't sound that great". And you'd be correct. It needs compression, eq, reverb etc to sound good in the mix. Every album you've ever listened to, of any popular artist, no matter how raw or unpolished you think it is, was agonized over for a hundred hours by some engineer with either a ton of plugins or a ton of rack equipment

But yet Kurt re-recorded the entire album. So clearly he didn’t actually want what he claimed to want in seeking out Albini. Even the non singles were remixed i’m pretty sure, the only true albini mixes are HSB and PT.

>muh voodoo
lmfao stfu retards. any idiot can mic a room which is all albino does. the only thing that makes his recordings unique is the room they're recorded in which is why he owns a studio other people designed and tweaked for him. if you took this retard and had him record you in a different studio it would sound just as shitty as if they got some random studio hand to record you

Part of that voodoo is called phase relations, and I'll wait for your decrepit zoomer ass to post a halfway decent explanation to justify the trash you just posted.

any retard can place a mic you retarded dipshit lmfao

Nope, only the singles got remixed.

dunning kreuger aka Samuel Campos

>no argument
lol be on your way dumbfuck

>sam

I was scrolling through this pseud thread just the other day gearspace.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/35204-steve-albini-discussion-thread.html
Some interesting discussion here, a good read

Wrong. Albini fucked up the mix so bad they chucked everything he did except the original masters and redid it. They probably would have chucked the masters too except they had already spent most of their recording budget at that point.

lol head out dumbass i fucking owned you

Have you heard the first Slint record? He certainly didn't just let em plug in and record them, he massacred that shit.

youtu.be/EnOMRiHf1fI

keep going

>le enlightened centrist
hate this meme faggot desu