Fuck i love this band

Fuck i love this band

Attached: The-Mars-Volta1.jpg (1152x768, 452.73K)

COFFIN TRACK ON MY LUMINESCENT TONGUE

Attached: 1625059745527.gif (381x215, 2.36M)

high test

PARTY ROCKERS IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT

I tried really hard to get into them because they're the exact type of band I should absolutely love and a friend was super into them.

But try as I might, they just didn't click with me that much.

Any advice for 'getting' The Mars Volta?

honestly what i would do is start at the beginning.
their earlier stuff is a bit less weird and more prog rock so if thats your cup of tea id start with deloused and listen to the whole thing. im also a personal fan of their drummer jon and wish they never fired him.but if you want more experimental id dive right into frances the mute

There’s no such thing as not getting you baka retard just means you don’t like that thing
>didn’t click
Shut up baka means nothing
Looks like cringe retards

This band sucks shit

One of the greatest bands ever. Their first two albums are timeless musical statements.

If you’re not locked in after the first minute of the first album, they’re probably not for you.

>timeless musical statements
>dated sounding guitar wanking
>gibberish lyrics that mean nothing
>baby sounds
>rip off of Pink Floyd
>red hot chili peppers had to play the instruments because these hacks were too strung out on heroin
One of the worst bands I’ve ever heard desu

You got more than one exhalation of air from my nostrils, my friend. Well done.

Attached: sideface.jpg (318x228, 15.37K)

1st album is best, 2nd is fine if you can stand the half hour of ambientish nonsense, third one has at least one awful filler track, the rest are just reworks of the earlier 3 records with diff degrees of fun for the listener; sadly that's the only thing Omar has been doing afterwards: weird rehashes of his earlier solo or tmv work

don't get me wrong, they were pretty important to me but time has made it clear their earlier more hardcore/dub oriented work is much more fun and memorable and less selfwanky

Mariachi Slipknot

those fags that support child strip shows?

cedric would be the best living male vocalist of all time to this day if he didn't fuck up his voice so much for at the drive in

Attached: hall.png (680x406, 465.87K)

Wrong. I listened into their debut ages ago and didnt think much of it. Years later i revisited them and liked some of their songs on deloused, and then with every listen i appreciated them more.
They are now one of my favourite Bands.
Also on early listens of deloused, i thought that Drunkship of Lanterns is the worst song on the album, but i was just my dumb brain needing more time to get familiar with it, because now i htink it is the best song on the album.

I liked Sparta better and I don't care who knows.

I dig those more underground emo style bands like Sparta or Breaking Pangaea.

nah, he never had a great voice to begin with, all the fx on his voice track from album 2 onwards are absolutely attempting to mask that; bedlam is the worst one for me, he sounds super robotic in that one

also, i saw them live when atdi "returned" and realized the cool part of the vocals in atdi was jim's backing screams :c