youtu.be/fyMhvkC3A84
youtube.com/watch?v=epZOKYrVAn0
youtu.be/zJBC8L3pG_Y
youtu.be/dFf4AgBNR1E
youtube.com/watch?v=R6tuEswyS3U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

half as good? probably Carpenters.

Unironically Coldplay
I know people like to shit on them (partially justified no doubt), but they really are the modern day ABBA
>easy-listening
>Upbeat, optimistic, and super happy
>pretty wholesome
I used to shit on them to and then I approached them with this angle and I understood them. They're not meant to be deep or complex. They're just a bunch of happy British dudes making fun music. Here's an example - it just makes me happy and want to love life
youtu.be/fyMhvkC3A84

Attached: wholesome-pepe-59ff8a7bbd988.png (648x524, 352.96K)

Ok user I see your general point and I tried going into this with an open mind but... no, it just isn't good, sorry. The melodies are boring and flat, the mix is just noisy, nothing interesting going on in the arrangement, absolutely no twists in the song, everything already laid out for you by the 10th second, the guy's voice also is just not great. I tried to get into it in the way you mentioned but the song isn't up to par, great Pop is about craftsmanship in all these details that Coldplay (or their producers) seem to entirely overlook or just settle for the laziest option
Thanks, this is good

Should have named themselves BAAB

ABBA isn't even half as good as Agnetha sitting on my fucking face

Fair enough. I think in terms of crafting more nuanced pop songs ABBA does take the cake. The Winner Takes It All is absolute peak imo. Revisit them later, maybe try Viva La Vida. Like I said, I used to hate them and then something just clicked and I understood them and I'm happy it did

Not really. The only people really prepared to chuck the kitchen sink at making pure pop these days are Japanese.
Dirges.

Why are Scandinavians so good at music anons

Racial superiority
Any good Jap Pop I should be checking out?

The Free Design
youtube.com/watch?v=epZOKYrVAn0

Oh yeah brother, this is good shit

Kirinji

Not even the best act from Sweden

iamamiwhoami
youtu.be/zJBC8L3pG_Y

ABBA is terrible

Agnetha posting

Attached: agnetha77colourized1nv5.jpg (281x400, 28.67K)

This is nice, thanks
This isn't bad but obviously not in the same class as ABBA, mid-tier musical ideas caked in art school make-up to seem better or more profound than they are
let me guess, you either think Factory Records bands are high art or you listen to music made by literal black "people"

TBQH I was thinking of idol groups and the kind of record v/o artists put out. Its not about them as much as the Tin Pan Alley scene of songwriters behind them.

This is basically dancing queen for SEA and has the same "disco/philly soul slightly misinterpreted via people that aren't black musicians in the 70s" thing going on.
youtu.be/dFf4AgBNR1E

There is a lot of writing even in disposable pop music there because a big act will ask for and select from dozens of submissions.

Fum fact about Frida she was actually part of a nazi breeding program that's how she was born

I like her cover of Life On Mars
youtube.com/watch?v=R6tuEswyS3U

oxymoron

Master Race makes music. Very kino