I dont get it... the instrumental is terrible i forget that they are playing, the vocals are...there...

I dont get it... the instrumental is terrible i forget that they are playing, the vocals are...there, I get that it's about the lyrics but why is it popular? Do I have to be a brit to love this absolute garbage?

Attached: manic-street-preachers-the-holy-bible-Cover-Art.jpg (500x500, 56.26K)

It was released in 1994

>I AM AN ARCHITECT
>has fat woman on the cover
What did they mean by this?

Attached: pierce-brosnan.jpg (2000x1333, 663.94K)

A lot of 90s British rock music is lyric-heavy and yet it's simultaneously delivered with deceptive upbeat music, with strong accents, offbeat cadence and tone, or unconventional styles. Which forces you to dig deep to notice it, if you don't dig deep it comes across as upbeat or even ugly, but if you dig deep it reveals a lot. Blur, Pulp, Suede, Mansun, Placebo, etc are all like this as well as the Manics.

>dumb american zoomer expected le intense slint or swans
kek

You don't have get everything user. Its a pretty old album at thos point as well. You had to be there at the time sort of thing. Listen to the Everything Must Go or Generation Terrorists. Maybee it will click then. Otherwise just leave it alone.

Has any 90s British rock band had such a weird trajectory as Manics?

>Start as hard/glam rock
>then make one of the best alt rock/punk albums of the decade
>then make two successful britpop albums
>next a bloated alternative/art rock album
>one synthpop and one pop rock album
>album containing former member's lyrics
>another pop rock album
>folk rock
>the rest is dull pop rock

Kek

Sir I love roxy music during the eno Era, don't come at me with swans and slint

>the instrumental is terrible
Opinion discarded. Manics have stellar tone and some very good instrumental lines in this project.

>the instrumental is terrible
this is the album that has archives of pain on it, right?
bait opinion

bradfield is a genius for making super catchy songs around richey's leftymeme.jpg lyrics

It's some of the worse guitar playing, it sounds like royalty free riffs, literal white noise

Fuck off retard. This album is amazing.

No, you're amazing hun :)

Something's wrong with your ears.
I just went through the album and listened to the main riffs of each track. All of them are remarkably well articulated and easy to follow. Even tracks with heavy effects like "Of Walking Abortion" have audible strumming patterns that never devolve into "noise".

Music must really not be your thing. That or your speakers/headphones are garbage.

>music is not really your thing
>on Any Forums
No shit

No, Fuck you cunt. That was not my point. It's a brilliant album. But if you don't "get it" there's no need to force the issue. Simple as. Get a grip you overly sensitive sod.

Did u ever go to binley mega chippy? You sound like the kinda memer that would :)

>It's some of the worse guitar playing, it sounds like royalty free riffs, literal white noise
They're at the very least competent and ambitious enough to not stick to 4/4, so I really don't understand this criticism, for this album out of so many from the '90s. Are you listening to the US mix or the original?

Yep, instrumentals make the lyrics tolerable.

I listened to there live set were James was wearing that silly mask