Why is Core by STP so underrated and untalked about?

It's literally one of the greatest albums of the album era of music, which started with the Beatles and ended in the last decade when large music acts decided to, once again, just start releasing singles.

The whole album is solid and nearly every fucking song on Core was a hit in the early 90s. It's simply amazing.

So why isn't Core talked about much anymore?

youtube.com/watch?v=hvzHum9457w&ab_channel=GalGodonut

Attached: Core STP.jpg (474x474, 35.1K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gv0CzdyMnVI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm gonna listen to it now

If you haven't heard it before, you won't regret it.
I think this is the most solid whole album of the grunge era. The second best album, with fewer albeit bigger hits, of the grunge era was Ten by Pearl Jam.

The Suede of grunge.

because Purple is better desu

Because you're a zoomer and didn't see it in everyone's, and I mean everyone, cd/tape collection growing up.

bait/shit taste
this

Purple is great, and has some amazing songs, but I'm talking about how solid an album is as a whole. Core has Purple beat.

Core and Purple are too good

I'm late Gen X and yes, remember it being everywhere. But it is nowhere near as remembered or discussed as other albums from the grunge era nowadays.

That's likely the intelligentsia wanting to write it off as a Pearl Jam clone, which of course it was not, and therefore not worthy of the hallowed halls that Soundgarden and PJ built.

When you're considered second-rate out of the gate, you have to work to show people that you were indeed something very special. That's why music journalists should be shot.

This is probably the answer.

PJ and AiC probably had the best lyrics of the grunge era.

>"Is something wrong?" she said
>"Well of course there is"
>>"You're still alive," she said
Oh, and do I deserve to be?
>Is that the question?
>And if so, if so, who answers, who answers?

Purple > Tiny Music > Core

the simple answer is that stone temple pilots didn't get shilled hard until interstate love song from purple was released. i remember getting a copy of purple and a while after someone asked me if I'd heard core but I didn't know it thanks to very little airplay apart from the single plush which I'd only once or twice. yes I'm an old fag

Attached: 1638549449659.gif (500x400, 144.48K)

>the simple answer is that stone temple pilots didn't get shilled hard until interstate love song from purple was released.
This is true.
Maybe it's where I lived, though, but STP was well known when Core was new.
But still, Interstate Love Song really pushed them to new levels of fame.

Two of their best songs were made for the Crow movie

youtu.be/gv0CzdyMnVI

Great album.

their 8est al8um.

Attached: STONE_TEMPLE_PILOTS_SHANGRI-LA+DEE+DA-187373.jpg (500x485, 51.18K)

rrrrRRRRRRRRREN AH FEEEEEEEEEL

Core sounds dated these days. Purple holds up much better.