I sing and play guitar in a band, and we sound pretty good, and we're starting to get gigs...

I sing and play guitar in a band, and we sound pretty good, and we're starting to get gigs, but my drummer is perpetually late. it's a frequent enough problem that today we had to cancel practice AGAIN, because he no call no showed and it's really frustrating the rest of us. what should I do to keep this whole thing from imploding? none of us know any other drummers.

Attached: 1655099025735.jpg (700x379, 185.95K)

give him a watch

I'll drum for you

Sounds like he's about to get drummed out

LLOLOLOLILILILILILOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLIL8L8

Tell him that if he dont pick his ass up he gon get booted my cuh, my chimp cuh

Tell your guy to get his shit together or leave, and in the meanwhile, start preparing for auditions for a new replacement.

That bitch needs his ass beat. Dump him.

But we need dat MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKK

Attached: CLAWS.jpg (125x124, 2.82K)

why??

Attached: EpWkVDtUUAAxNPa.jpg (750x738, 20.71K)

I laff at mayday
U awrite ma mayne

Just use a backing track for the drums. We live in the future

Do what Albini did and hire Roland. Never late, just need to plug it in.

every day this is more appealing. I play drums too, and I have an ekit to record with for this exact purpose. but having a live drummer is SO much better for shows

One of you learn the drums and find a replacement. Guitarists are a dime a dozen

make your drummer as singer and play guitar so you will be the drummer in band.
simple as

how are the conversations going with this guy? he's either always late or he doesn't show up at all and you say.... what? I mean, if someone no-call-no-showed more than once he would be out. period. that's unacceptable. letting this guy walk all over you because "we don't know any other drummers" is unacceptable. have some self respect. you can find another drummers. put ads on craigslist, local rehearsal spaces, local colleges. go to shows and try to nab a drummer from another band. there are options.
take over on drums and find another guitarist. tell this guy to kick rocks.

in case anyone cares: we're trying today at 3, again. This is his last chance. if he isn't here on time, the rest of the band collectively decided it's time we found a new drummer.

just get a drum machine sam

Get a drum machine. Know any good scratch DJs? Make a DJ your drummer.
I’d kick the dude out, personally. Doesn’t sound like he’s no-showing for good reasons or giving you a heads-up.

For recordings, you could send tracks to people and they could lay it down for you, Postal Service-style
For live? Yeah, drum machine

Once people hear how kickass your music is, you won’t have a problem getting a drummer for live shows. Embrace technology for the studio

I'm not Sam but good guess.

It sucks. This dude was my best friend for years, and I'm starting to get really worried about him. He dropped out, quit his job, and now he lives with his parents and stays up till 8am playing video games. I really need to sit him down and talk about if he's ok and if he's even in a place to play right now or if he needs some time off to get his shit together. It really sucks.

This is a cringe larp and never happened

you guys will find a sub for sure