Bandmates keep talking about "making it" and getting signed to a label

>bandmates keep talking about "making it" and getting signed to a label
i just want to make music for the sake of music. music should be an end in itself and not a means to get money or become famous. every band i've played in has been full of tryhards worrying about their image and if other people like the music. what is wrong with musicians

Attached: 9wtjc0mmmit41.jpg (549x299, 16.53K)

Whenever they talk about bullshit like that just tell them, "This is why you'll never make it"

Those are the types that never end up "making it" anyways because the music comes secondary to them. Find better people to play with if you want to make better music or suffer.

they're emotionally stunted and trapped in a high school mentality. they have a one-size fits all conception of "success" as well as the pathway to get there, and coincidentally enough it's linear. if you ever actually did get signed to a label, they'd just as quickly find another hoop to jump through. leave them before they leave you to take the opening in the accounting department of their uncle's firm.

If you arent in a band of fucking brothers, have anither thing going when this one crumbles.

>music should be an end in itself and not a means to get money or become famous.
I mean, isn't that the dream for everyone though? Becoming successful enough that you can live off of your passion. I don't know the situation and lives of you and your bandmates but being able to make a living as a musician sounds much more preferable than being some schmuck working in an office cubicle. Money makes the world go round and we live in a capitalist world so being able to make your passion into a career sounds ideal to me.

1. Secretly incorporate the Band as an LLC and copywrite the tunes.
2. Make it on your own
3. ???
4. Profit (pay faggot band members as an expense)

Dumb niggers, get good. It's all about image, If you don't care about image AS MUCH as music you r retard

Based n redpilled

Attached: 1650054246527.jpg (1200x1500, 242.29K)

you sound like a boring faggot

iktf. all of my bandmates are unemployed, living with their parents and smoke weed 5-6 times a day. they all seem to have everything resting on the band and i'm the only one with career plans not music related. i don't care about making any money from it but they think otherwise
making it big would be nice but it should never be the main goal

>making it big would be nice but it should never be the main goal
ngmi

OP is a trust fund kid for sure

Make a one man band

I’ve been in plenty of bands like this. Eventually someone will get a gf or have a kid or overdose or something and you will run out of steam, waste time trying to fix it, and then you will be too old. Life is hard and being in a successful band is near impossible unless everyone is on the same page, which it sounds like you guys are not.

I'm sayin bruh

Attached: 1648307270847.png (398x400, 96.18K)

there's nothing wrong with having aspirations of making it. And having an image or a style you can present to the world definitely helps. But as others said if this is the primary thing you think about when making music, the music will be complete shit.
The definition of great art is being able to make something completely sincere and filled with passion that communicates something well to other people. Saying that you should essentially create art in a vacuum and be satisfied with that is stupid. If you created something you believed was really great you would naturally want to share it with others.

The only problem is with musicians whose entire modus operandi is about making it big. I've seen first hand these people and it's pretty ugly. I knew this band who were Steel Panter type joke band. They were really good live and had some success in the local scene. Their shows were fun. But off stage they'd literally endlessly talk about as if it was a guarantee that they were going to be the next Steel Panther and have a mansion in Hollywood. Anyone could see this was never going to happen but they spent years treating the band and every gig purely as a business venture for this goal.

Attached: ceb.gif (500x500, 89.13K)

only good opinion
if only every aspiring rockstar was actually a rocker

where are these guys supposed to be? a barb wire wall? i don't get it.

I don’t really care about making it, I just want to create something profound

Are those neets at least competent musicians