Think up amazing melody in my head

>Think up amazing melody in my head
>Try to retain it for as long as I can, vocalising it and and tapping objects rhythmically to memorise it better
>Continue this for hours
>Get distracted by something for a few minutes
>Forget the whole thing
>Try to remember it for the rest of the day
>Can't
>It's gone forever
Does this happen to anyone else?

Attached: bpDK8Lp.png (691x689, 214.89K)

yes, all the time
is part of life

i always try to get my guitar asap and record it on my phone so i dont forget it

yes and i don't even play music

Download a free scoring app like musescore and notate it while it’s fresh in your mind, or even make a recording of you singing it and transcribe later. This has saved me dozens of good ideas.

Right before I go to sleep, I hear beautiful original compositions, but I always forget them. The entire song forms in my head at that moment but then it's gone.

It has, but that's why I have a voice recorder app on my cellular telephone device. I'll find some privacy, and hum, sing, tap, etc to hold onto the idea.

Make you wonder just how many great melodies and compositions have been lost because musicians in the past couldn't record them and forgot.

Same

I genuinely believe I've got some potential number 1 hits recorded on my phone.

>vocalising it and and tapping objects rhythmically to memorise it better
>Continue this for hours
>Get distracted by something for a few minutes
>Forget the whole thing
these don't add up

This is why you learn music theory so you can write it down

Fucking retard you couldn't just record it on your phone? Anyway I get this with dreams, super annoying since I can never remember the melodies when I wake up

Me too user but it just gives me hope that my ideas will continue to improve since that stuff is in me somewhere

this shit is the worst. remembering songs you made in dreams be near impossible.

>think up a melody so "amazing", I forget it literally five fucking minutes later

This is your brain on SSRI's and TikTok.

Attached: 1650726317364.png (570x668, 246.63K)

Spongebob Underpants

Most of my good song ideas come to me on the brink of falling asleep so I have basically no good songs. It’s a curse. Makes me feel like picrel

Attached: 57633DF1-9409-49EE-A00D-D88DF2B6AA0F.jpg (400x388, 19.3K)

ALL THE TIME, I WRITE AMAZING SYMPHONIES IN MY HEAD
and then I realize the caps lock is on and take it off
Poof

Start recording them. Use smartphone recorder

if you can't sing or the beat of basic rhythm within one octave, then that sucks
so just forget it

also for example, Michael Jackson repeatedly showed and said that he used a beatbox for a melody, and then translated it into ordinary musical notation for each instrument separately

>Does this happen to anyone else?
it used to but then I got a voice recorder app for my phone. now I just have to remember what the melody I sang into my phone was supposed to be.

That's why you hum or sing it into your phones voice recorder. I do that all the time when I write shit on my guitar when I'm high. There's no way I'll remember it when I come down so I have to record it or lose it.